View Poll Results: divided trade/giveaway sections - a good action?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

60 89.55%
  • no

7 10.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trade/giveaway section poll

Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'll be honest, I have not even looked at the trade section since the split. You could remove it for all I care.

So yes, I'm glad they were split.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    No, because account giveaways are unfortunately still permitted to happen in the giveaway/request section. I wish the people who give away the accounts, as well as the people who accept the accounts, would realize that it is wrong, and that sort of stuff belongs in the trade section.
    That would be an excellent point to bring up to staff here. The section is labeled INVITE giveaways, not Tracker giveaways. Perhaps they should rename it, or like you said, have account giveaways be done in the trading section.
    Account giveaways should have there own subsection to reinforce the fact that they are far different from giving away an invite.
    Other than that I'm non lascivio.The poll was placed here to bolster a particular viewpoint rather than gain any insight..

Also isn't this in the wrong section?Shouldn't it be in "Anything Related to the Board"?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I don't really care either way. However, I would like to see the giveaway and trades sections totally disappear, and only a request section remain.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    everyone has room for themselves. Live and let live.

IMO giving invites away is as wrong as trading accounts. There's not really much of a difference, site's security-wise. Both are a big breach.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    This wholly depends on perspective. From the trader's perspective splitting up the two sections and having a "no-trolling" sticky means that they could easily trade without getting flamed by anti-traders. From the anti-trader's perspective, well they'll just have to troll/preach elsewhere.

With the sections being divided, both parties(traders and nontraders) are going about their thing in peace(the flaming's majorly reduced) so I guess that's a win-win situation for FST. I'd go so far as to say that splitting up the two sections achieved the desired result as the trolling had gone out of control.

Another important aspect to note here is that FST is an independent board which isn't run by other torrent site's rules.In short,traders are free to trade.
    This simple fact doesn't go down well with certain "esteemed" members here and they like to occassionally put down traders.
    I find this laughable and ironic because these very same "by-the-book" members are breaching FST's rules by trolling and flaming threads.

Personally,I'd prefer only an invite request section as Funkin stated.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 10-14-2008 at 02:16 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    i think that the separation was a good idea the threads have allot less flaming in them now and you don't have to read the same "don't trade trading is evil" message in every other thread that you open. if someone wants to trade so be it if he manages to get what he looking for that way then good for him although i am against that method...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    lubu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    The invite section should be divided into requests and offers

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    damn and here we are back to that anti trader shit
    it's the best action ever
    trader have their section this way we eliminate all that spam about (trade suck .......)
    and non trader ,anti traders have their section
    so stay in your fucking section
    Last edited by Adama; 10-14-2008 at 05:24 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Adama View Post
    damn and here we are back to that anti trader shit
    it's the best action ever
    trader have their section this way we eliminate all that spam about (trade suck .......)
    and non trader ,anti traders have their section
    so stay in your fucking section
    Excellent, another rational and well thought out argument from the peanut gallery, how exactly did that post in anyway help this discussion ? and therefore is that not spam in itself ?
    It was the staff on this board that decided to separate the requests from trades, and by and large it has been a good thing, with far less rivalry between those who trade and those who do not, but then the spam and flaming came from both sides as so ably demonstrated by the above quoted post.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Like many have said before me, I think it has smoothed over trader/antitrader relations a little bit. People aren't trolling and attacking each other nearly as much as it had been before they divided the sections.
    See ya in another life, brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast