Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: throwing away "low" levels?? what do you think?

BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    hello everyone

lately I see frequent phenomenon here in fst.
    I see new members here (less than 3 months) requsting invites (whice is OK).
    the invite requset divide to 2 parts- the "high" lv request and "low" lv request.
    the phenomenon is that any time there is "low" lv req people jump with "PM me your mail" without asking any proofs and asking no question (100% of trusting),
    and when there is "high" lv req people becoming more suspicious.
    its look like that people less care about their "low" level trackers and don't respect them.

do you think its OK to throwing low levels invites like that without checking people??

edit:
    by mention "new members" I mean to members that we dont know anything about them cause they haven't been here enough time, so give invites to guys like that without checking them its completely unresponsible.
    I'm not talking about cases when older member (lats say a good member for example) that well known request invite and other members that already know him and know how much good and responsible he is give him invite without checking him.
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 10-15-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    its silly, mind you saying that, i have not seen one BCG referral go on here yet, so maybe we are doing something right lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    many people still think that rep points will open the door for the trackers they desire. they don't know how wrong they are.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    its silly, mind you saying that, i have not seen one BCG referral go on here yet, so maybe we are doing something right lol
    you can call it good management
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 10-15-2008 at 03:32 AM.
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    maybe people are just plain confused by it, or they dont want to risk inviting some noob that ruins their account.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well being confused with something we do wont be the first lol

and the 2nd part is the idea, but saying that, every tracker has, invite a cheat, your account gets banned or whatever, but it doesnt stop them from doing it.

I suppose the proof will be when we open it up to User and PU soon, and we have a lot in the system, we have 14,500 now with just SPU, so i would hate to hazzard a guess with how many will be in the system soon.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I hate it when people take no caution at all when giving invites to so-called "lower level" sites. These people I call douchebags. I value one of my "lower level" sites much more than one of my "high level" sites. But eventhough I value one tracker more than another, I would still take the same level caution inviting a person to it, since that person will always be on my invite tree.

As was mentioned already, I think people do this just to rack up rep points. Thinking someone around here with a "high level" invite will see these rep points and automatically think he's a good member, then give him this invite.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    for some sites invites is just a kind of MLM. some of them are going to open signups from time to time. so in some cases can't see nothing bad in "throwing" invites. stmusic, hd-bits.ro, pussytorrents, demonoid... can't see no big problem here )) maybe i'm blind
    Last edited by kukushka; 10-15-2008 at 06:50 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    People who are just inviting others w/o asking their proofs are idiots, and don't respect their trackers

However, I don't agree with the idea of giving away inv.s on public
    So don't make a diff

BTW, people are just doing that to increase their reps, cuz lots of inviters still thinking high rep = trustworthy person
    So I don't blame those high rep seekers, it's their job, sign up, giving away 50+ invites to strange sites and then winning a sct inv from a moron member, bah
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    New members will just look at level thread and follow it, since they are pretty much leaded that way everywhere they look on this forum. Yes I blame FST.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast