Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD Movie Releases - What's up with a.b.hdtv.x264?

Anybody know what's happened with a.b.hdtv.x264?

They used to have all the new 0 day scene releases.

As of a couple months ago, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. There are many, many new HD releases you can't get on usenet now. If they do post new releases nowadays, they are usually a few days behind torrent and rapidshare sites.

Thinking of canceling my usenet account. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mcorleone; 10-16-2008 at 06:24 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I was looking for some HD releases myself and all I found were different versions and or 1080p. I wanted 720p. Not only in HD but usenet seems to be slowing down in a couple of areas. Stuff is taking loger to get uploaded. Before there were even 3 copies of the same thing being uploaded.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Maybe it's me, but I can't get any of the x264 video players to work consistently (if at all) on most of what I've d/l'ed.

Everyone I've talked to has the same problem. It's just too flaky. One of the 'commercial' players (like WinDVD or PowerDVD) needs to support it directly (like they do with AVCHD), and then maybe things will settle down.

The 'direct' BR postings I have no problem with, except for the size and bandwidth required (but it is worth it). I've taken to getting those and recoding to AVCHD and playing either straight from the PC or from PS3, as I'm 'putting off' getting a BR player as long as possible, until THEY get more stable as well (!). Or cheaper.

The only 'stand-alone' player I'd consider buying right now is a Pioneer, >$2K cost wise. 'Not gonna happen'.
    Last edited by Beck38; 10-17-2008 at 02:53 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MPC with CoreAVC codec. Works perfectly here for all 720p releases.. I don't usually get 1080p.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Rapidshare seems to be the best non-p2p method of downloading nowadays. A 12 month account is only about $75, which comes out to $6.25/month. There are download limits though so it might be necessary to get two accounts.

I'd really prefer to stick with usenet if anyone has any optimistic info. Perhaps usenet is finally seeing the end of its day though.

edit: Rapidshare has a 2.66GB/day download limit now rendering it completely useless.
    Last edited by mcorleone; 11-11-2008 at 09:27 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    Maybe it's me, but I can't get any of the x264 video players to work consistently (if at all) on most of what I've d/l'ed.

Everyone I've talked to has the same problem. It's just too flaky. One of the 'commercial' players (like WinDVD or PowerDVD) needs to support it directly (like they do with AVCHD), and then maybe things will settle down.

The 'direct' BR postings I have no problem with, except for the size and bandwidth required (but it is worth it). I've taken to getting those and recoding to AVCHD and playing either straight from the PC or from PS3, as I'm 'putting off' getting a BR player as long as possible, until THEY get more stable as well (!). Or cheaper.

The only 'stand-alone' player I'd consider buying right now is a Pioneer, >$2K cost wise. 'Not gonna happen'.
    I only download 1080P (MKV/AVCHD) and I just convert (MKV2VOB) all the movies before I stream them to my PS3.
    I'm using Nero Showtime to play the MKV files on my computer as it works with the GFX card (acceleration).

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    musicsavesus's Avatar Poster
    VLC generally works on just about anything I try to play with it.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    mistert5091's Avatar Member
    seem's to be back on track lots of good stuff being posted there
    You broke my chain, fool!!! You broke my chain!!!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    NZB Looter
    Sarotech's H264 standalone player... take a look...

http://sarotech.com/english/product/dvp-570x.html

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    yes, i agree that the content's been better the past couple weeks.

still not as good as some of the direct download sites these days though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast