Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittorent encryption and bandwidth limitation !!

C.H.A.O.S's Avatar teh sharer

Question Mark

Hey guys.
    I have some questions about bittorrent encryption and I hope I can find the answer here:
    - I know that the encrypted bittorrent protocol is used to bypass ISP filter's which limits normal bittorrent download speeds. notice i talk about that the bittorent bandwidth is limited while the main DSL line origianlly free with no bandwidth limits.

-but if i got a mainly limited DSL line and I exhasted the bandwidth allowed and the stream was automatically lowered to 265 by ISP, now If I used the encrypted bittorrent protocol will it download with my origianl download speed bypassing the 265 limitation filter, thus downloading more the the bandwidth originally determined for me ?!

I'm very in need for right answers.

greetings..
    Last edited by C.H.A.O.S; 10-16-2008 at 02:53 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If you use up your allotted bandwidth (non torrent related) and they cap your speeds, using encryption will not bypass this kind of cap. Encryption only bypasses restrictions for the BT protocol, not total bandwidth caps.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    If you use up your allotted bandwidth (non torrent related) and they cap your speeds, using encryption will not bypass this kind of cap. Encryption only bypasses restrictions for the BT protocol, not total bandwidth caps.
    OK, But what if I didn't exhaust my allotted bandwidth (non bittorrent related) yet and I used encrypted connection to download, will the ISP be able to count download GB's on me ?!
    -keep in mind that when you use encrypted connection the ISP don't know what you are downloading or how much..
    Last edited by C.H.A.O.S; 10-16-2008 at 03:21 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    No they know how much just not what it is

They know how much bandwidth you use ans I doubt
    there is any way to hide it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Correct, you can hide what, but not how much. Any data passing through your modem will count.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    No they know how much just not what it is

They know how much bandwidth you use ans I doubt
    there is any way to hide it
    Thnk you buddies, any more suggestions ?!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    3 options:
    1. Switch ISP's
    2. Get a seedbox
    3. Don't download so much

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    or wait until they un-cap you, at the end of the month probably.

or try using it in the middle of the night, sometimes thats when you can get good speeds.
    Last edited by Alien5; 10-16-2008 at 08:04 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    A seedbox will not show bandwith from your ISP correct? If you download all to your seedbox, if you go over your cap. I do not know about seedboxes, do not have one
    Last edited by pone44; 10-17-2008 at 07:20 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    You can get around them finding out about it being a torrent but they
    still know how much bandwidth you use it will just show as FTP traffic instead
    but they will still know how much bandwidth you use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast