Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Texas win out?

..... BT Rep: +2
    What a game... The fiesta bowl

Amazing throw by Colt McCoy to Quan Cosby. Amazing game by the OB overall 400 yards. The whole team

“I don’t think there’s anybody in the country who can beat us at this point,” McCoy said.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28514536/

Texas 24
    Ohio St 21

A breakdown of the game- http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/mlc0808/180016
    Last edited by pone44; 01-08-2009 at 07:27 PM.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah Colt is gonna make himself quite a lot of money come draft day. I'm glad to see Texas win. I wonder if Tressel's seat is starting to get a bit warm at OSU now? He hasn't won a bowl game in three years.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Yeah Colt is gonna make himself quite a lot of money come draft day. I'm glad to see Texas win. I wonder if Tressel's seat is starting to get a bit warm at OSU now? He hasn't won a bowl game in three years.
    He's taken OSU to the national title game three times since he's been their coach and has an 83-19 record, ffs. He's going to be around for a bit.

OSU rammed the ball down the throats of Texas. If Beanie had not set out most of the second half (due to an concussion) the Buckeyes would of controlled the clock - with their run game, and Colt would of been on the sidelines...watching.

However, Texas beat us. My hat goes off to them. Congrats, Long-horns.

-bd

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    "If's"... Who knows what could or would have transpired "if" other factors were in place. The game unfolded like they all do and you play one down at a time. Every game in recent years between TX and OSU has been one for the books. They're both great teams and the games show it every time.

I was in Chicago for the game this time around and looked up the Texas Exes chapter there and found the bar they all go to. It was quite an experience seeing that many fellow Horns in one place so far from home. I can't begin to describe how awesome that place was when we scored that last TD. Saying the sea of burnt orange erupted wouldn't do it justice - it was pure heaven.

ps - Colt isn't entering the draft this year. He's said all year long that he'll be returning for his final year.

yo

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I think OSU just had a down year, here in the Big Ten they pound my team every year. They again, I normally don't even pay attention to teams outside of the Big Ten 10, I was hoping Penn State would do some good for the old timer, bu they couldn't, so let's hope Joe Paw comes back one more year, and no that's not my team of choice, but I liked their chances, but USC smoked them.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    "If's"... Who knows what could or would have transpired "if" other factors were in place. The game unfolded like they all do and you play one down at a time. Every game in recent years between TX and OSU has been one for the books. They're both great teams and the games show it every time.

I was in Chicago for the game this time around and looked up the Texas Exes chapter there and found the bar they all go to. It was quite an experience seeing that many fellow Horns in one place so far from home. I can't begin to describe how awesome that place was when we scored that last TD. Saying the sea of burnt orange erupted wouldn't do it justice - it was pure heaven.

ps - Colt isn't entering the draft this year. He's said all year long that he'll be returning for his final year.

Piss off.

-bd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12