Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This guy is smarter than Palin? Or Obama? Or McCain?

pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    I don't have a favorite one, I love democracy, but by far the one I would say the worst in the 21st century is BUSH, killing thousands of women and children in Iraq, Afganistan and our own soldiers, bankrupting the country as a great dictator that he is, making people loosing their house, creating millions of homeless families living in the streets or in shelters, taking from the poor and giving to the rich, lying every step of the way, yeah it is BUSH, and Mccain says in his dementia that america is ok, we don't have a crisis, why would we want another lier, dictator ib the Ovan offi office? His lack of erections should not have to be a reason to keep america hostage continuing with the policies of his predecesor.
    First off, Congress voted to invade Iraq. Only then did Bush give the order to do so. Calling him a dictator is just furthering our impression of your ignorance.

As for the economy, do you also believe that President Bush is responsible for the decline of the economy in the rest of the world as well?

Your perspective from your seat of judgment is very askew.

You also attempt to rip Bush for what you see as transgressions he had in college. ie - drug usage, which he admits was a solitary incident. Does that mean you won't be voting for Obama then seeing as he has made it very clear that he experimented with drugs on multiple occasions, from pot to cocaine
    Congress voted to invade with the information Bush gave them, it was all a lie, a LIE.
    Lie after lie and you still have respect for that man?
    The economy of the rest of the world depends on the American economy, so yes it is the Bush the lier's fault, from the beginning he wanted to bankrupt America and he has done it, great job.
    In college? Was he in college in his 40's? He used drugs way over in his 40's only God knows till when.
    Obama wrote he did it when he was young, we know bush did it because somebody else said it.
    Palin is another Bush, she has lots of international experience, because she sees Rusia from her house lol, lol , what a republican won't say lol lol, it seems to me the best thing they do is lie.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    So, you see Obama as the light in the darkness, the solution to every dilemma, the true messiah, the "One we've been waiting for"?

Interesting.
    No, I see him as a good man, a man of integrity, someone that can save us, a sincere man.
    Save us from what?

Are all our hopes and dreams to be manifested in an Obama presidency?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun

No, I see him as a good man, a man of integrity, someone that can save us, a sincere man.
    Save us from what?

Save America from continuing going down hill as it is going for the last 8 years strainght to bakruptcy, thanks to the chinese that are paying our national debt.
    To stop the national debt from going out of control, to stop a war that had nothing to do with America's national security.
    To stop corporations from deciding wich way america has to go.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    yay maccain, yay evangelicals .. yay america

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    ostracizado's Avatar Biatx BT Rep: +5
    I don't know .. but here in europe the tv channels always try to use some image of a weak/sick/frail McCain .. and a Powerful/Great Voice/Young Obama .. (honestly .... you don't have to do that ...)

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    [QUOTE=pentomato;3021517]

Save us from what?

Save America from continuing going down hill as it is going for the last 8 years strainght to bakruptcy, thanks to the chinese that are paying our national debt.
    Boy, if we can get the Chinese to pay our debt, I say go for it.

To stop the national debt from going out of control, to stop a war that had nothing to do with America's national security.
    How do you think Obama's stoppage of the war will differ from McCain's?

To stop corporations from deciding wich way america has to go.
    I don't know exactly how you think that works, but while I myself would prefer that corporate activity spent more time on the up-and-up, I don't think corporations have much to do with "which way America should go"; if you are referring to moving jobs offshore, you need look no further than our corporate tax rates, and owe your emnity to the demsocrats for the fact.

BTW-

Are you aware that the Wall Street crowd (which you no doubt loathe as well) gave over 35 million dollars to the Obama campaign, which is over 5 times it's contribution to the McCain campaign?

The payoff for this largesse top the dems will be open access to your 401K for the Wall Streeters.

Do you like the sound of that?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ostracizado View Post
    I don't know .. but here in europe the tv channels always try to use some image of a weak/sick/frail McCain .. and a Powerful/Great Voice/Young Obama .. (honestly .... you don't have to do that ...)
    Just who do you think is responsible for "that"?

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    How do you think Obama's stoppage of the war will differ from McCain's?
    Obama favors getting out of Iraq soonest, McCain wants to stay until "victory"- definition of which is unclear- is achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Are you aware that the Wall Street crowd (which you no doubt loathe as well) gave over 35 million dollars to the Obama campaign, which is over 5 times it's contribution to the McCain campaign?
    I don't believe this figure. I can find this but that doesn't jibe with your numbers, in fact it shows McCain as the greater beneficiary of Wall St. largesse.
    Source please?

Quote Originally Posted by ostracizado View Post
    Just who do you think is responsible for "that"?
    Gee, could that have anything to do with the fact that McCain is old and frail and Obama is far younger and healthier?
    Yeah, maybe.
    Last edited by clocker; 11-03-2008 at 08:52 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    惡魔的提倡者
    if you are referring to moving jobs offshore, you need look no further than our corporate tax rates, and owe your emnity to the demsocrats for the fact.
    Higher education standards, particularly in technical fields, lack of worker rights and benefit demands and low wage cost are far more attractive reasons for shipping jobs away.

IMO the tax rate has little to do with it. If it stays that high and as promised the loopholes that even the most barely competent accountant can wield are closed you would have a point.
    With the loopholes, apparently only about a third payed any corporate tax anyway, and even if the rate was lowered any tax would be higher than the zero they pay abroad.

So unless the rate is set at less than zero to make up for the higher wage and benefit costs - -

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I don't believe this figure. I can find this but that doesn't jibe with your numbers, in fact it shows McCain as the greater beneficiary of Wall St. largesse.
    Source please?
    I discovered I misquoted what I found once I re-found it.

The 35-million figure covers (as of this past June, I believe) Wall street money going to dems.

The figures relevant to my point are contained herein, where you can see that the contributions to Clinton and Obama are roughly 5 times the contribution to McCain.

No bitching about provenance, either - these figures are from CNNMoney.com:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/25/mark...ion=2008050810

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast