Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Signal Quality Loss/deterioration

Originally posted by Livy@8 September 2003 - 23:27
    http://www.dabs.com quiclink 20VWWS
    thanks for the link
    shame i've ordered the other one though
    i checked dabs and ebuyer first, but i couldn't find them
    feel a little silly now... :">

@lynx, that setup seems to be much better...i've got two filters just now anyway (got 2 filters and an alcatel speed touch 330 for £17.50 from Pipex)
    i'll go and see if i can get it to work now...thanks
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i just searched for rj11, i could find a long enough one on ebuyer though

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    ok, i&#39;ve set everything up as shown as your diagram lynx
    now i just need to wait until broadband comes (wedensday) to see if it&#39;ll all work...

thanks a lot for your help, both with the starting advice and also for saving my £20 which would otherwise have been better spent
    i just hope the company will give me a refund (either that or i&#39;ll be able to cancel the order before it&#39;s shipped)

thanks once again and a big :beerchug: for all who helped

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    lynx's Avatar .
    Don&#39;t necessarily expect the line to be activated first thing on Weds. If you read the blurb, I think it could be any time up to 6pm, I assume it depends on when the engineers get into the exchange, this being a new exchange on broadband.

Good luck with your broadband experience.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    i think the confirmation email said something about 6 or 6:30 pm being the deadline

also, i&#39;ve been down to the exchange a couple of times (75m from my house ) and there&#39;s a load of brand new thick black cables on show

i just hope those engineers get their stuff done quickly

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    lynx's Avatar .
    And don&#39;t forget to cancel your Anytime subscription as soon as you know that broadband is working.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Originally posted by lynx@9 September 2003 - 01:16
    And don&#39;t forget to cancel your Anytime subscription as soon as you know that broadband is working.
    absolutely
    not paying them for any more of their 2 hour session limits and cutoffs...

(i assume you got that from my screenshot, or some kind of magical power...)

oh, i don&#39;t know how much the cancellation fee will be (been with freeserve less than 12 months), but my dad will probably (read hopefully) pay that

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    lynx's Avatar .
    There&#39;s no cancellation fee with Anytime, you just lose the rest of the month (in your case up to the 17th) (yes, I&#39;m psychic).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Originally posted by lynx@9 September 2003 - 02:32
    There&#39;s no cancellation fee with Anytime, you just lose the rest of the month (in your case up to the 17th) (yes, I&#39;m psychic).
    that&#39;s great news
    i was expecting some sort of fee. i notice the Pipex fee is nearly 60 quid
    though they&#39;re supposed to be good, so hopefully i won&#39;t want/need to leave them

oh, one more question...considering your psychic, would it be too much of an ask for this week&#39;s lottery numbers...?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    i have adsl

WOOHOO

i&#39;m really happy

apparently i had to go to the pipex site itself to setup the connection

i could have had it up and running sooner than this, but who cares???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast