Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ptn staff are spying nazis?

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post

On FST the only censoring that happens is advertisements, people who get way out of hand, and certain peoples' spam .
    fixed that for you.
    What's that supposed to mean? If it's directed at the Lounge, then you haven't a clue. On the BT section, spam modding has gone down a notch since it's been decided that the section is like a second Lounge, so most of the posts are allowed.. Flaming and co. are not on and will be deleted. Same with spam-ads. In fact I'm not quite sure we should have people bitching about sites' staff at all.. I mean FFS, if you were the owner of a site and decided that no member will be able to download, say, more than a torrent per day (just for the sake of the argument), then someone goes and HnR's 5 torrents in less than an hour, would you ban him or not? Even if he'd beg you to stay? It's your site, your rules.

Same with any tracker. Their site, their rules. Their giving you a service by letting you into their haven downloading everything you can possibly get your hand onto, and you should be grateful for that. So, if you're banned for whatever reason, it was probably a good one.

Just my 2 cents. And I've been banned from plenty of sites that banned Israeli IP's.. Though have learned to suck it up and carry on without those trackers.. It's easy once you get used to it.

Oh, and by the way, I don't even know anyone who's a PTN staffer.. If I recall, one of them PM'ed me a while back asking me to censor a post, I simply said NO and piss off.. So where you get your idea that they are "taking over" the P2P world I don't know
    Last edited by tralalala; 10-28-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

fixed that for you.
    What's that supposed to mean? If it's directed at the Lounge, then you haven't a clue. On the BT section, spam modding has gone down a notch since it's been decided that the section is like a second Lounge, so most of the posts are allowed..
    whoa...... who said anything about the Lounge? Also, I stand by my statement.
    Last edited by puckface; 10-28-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Edit: Whatever.
    Last edited by WeldenSmith; 10-29-2008 at 11:20 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I hate all these small 'community' public invites forums. The staff are mostly all the same kind of people; 'tards with no bawls that want to get into the high level sites like almost everyone else registered at their site.
    if they don't succeed, why would you care. if they do, i see the reason for fst staff to be concerned

about ptn. who really cares? it's not a problem to understand what kind of tracker it is before joining.. and then anyone can decide if it is worth for himself.. and then - start using it or forget about it. and what is sexual or non sexual relationship between anybody and who is spying who - it's not even secondary, i just can't see why it could matter at all

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Edit: Whatever. I'll just get yelled for defending a site I love.
    Last edited by WeldenSmith; 10-29-2008 at 11:20 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Okay, I have had direct contact with the original poster...Here is something I shared with him and will share openly, too...

I hate that you used the word Nazi...You didn't straight up call them Nazis but more like they acted like "nazis?". Same damn thing really.

You should regret that...

I think you have misconstrued the staff there...People don't think they are worthy of sucking their dicks...They simply like them. They have lots of friends! Simple as that. The current staff imo are a great bunch of guys and many others believe so and therefore willing to defend them. They have earned respect and get it.

Like many sites you are not supposed to talk about them outside that site. If you do it you can't be mad when you are faced with consequences. On top of that there are sites (forums where you have been banned) that respect these rules and maybe more so for some sites than others because of their relationship with each other. You can't be mad at sites because they are better friends with group A than with group B...And are more willing to do more for Group A...

We all have the right to our opinion...BUT how you express your opinion and where you express your opinion reflects on you.

I can go on and on...Very interesting thread here in that I have some very good friends here and some people I would like to poop on. And not to mention a guy with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm going to leave it at that...
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    Okay, I have had direct contact with the original poster...Here is something I shared with him and will share openly, too...

I hate that you used the word Nazi...You didn't straight up call them Nazis but more like they acted like "nazis?". Same damn thing really.

You should regret that...

I think you have misconstrued the staff there...People don't think they are worthy of sucking their dicks...They simply like them. They have lots of friends! Simple as that. The current staff imo are a great bunch of guys and many others believe so and therefore willing to defend them. They have earned respect and get it.

Like many sites you are not supposed to talk about them outside that site. If you do it you can't be mad when you are faced with consequences. On top of that there are sites (forums where you have been banned) that respect these rules and maybe more so for some sites than others because of their relationship with each other. You can't be mad at sites because they are better friends with group A than with group B...And are more willing to do more for Group A...

We all have the right to our opinion...BUT how you express your opinion and where you express your opinion reflects on you.

I can go on and on...Very interesting thread here in that I have some very good friends here and some people I would like to poop on. And not to mention a guy with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm going to leave it at that...
    hey hey hey...easy....easy...

this is fst

you lost 50% of your audience when you typed in english
    you lost another 25% when you said nazi
    you lost the remaining 25% when you said jew
    you lost an additional 15% for restocking fee

just wait til your interest rate adjusts...youll lose your fucking house too

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldenSmith View Post
    I know for a fact that some of the people who are badmouthing PtN in this thread were banned previously. I'm not saying everyone, but some of them were. Some of them really bitch and complain when they get disabled, and even hold a grudge for a long time. Why would they even care enough to participate in every PtN Sucks thread if PtN was so insignificant to them.

To the people I'm referring to:
    if you really want to make your hate for PtN so public then maybe your reason for getting banned at PtN before could also be made public. Don't call that censoring, call that a threat.
    Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black after your own recent banning on another forum. Maybe we could make the reasons for that public too, just to show what a great member of the bit torrent community you are ?
    I am quite sure that your own transgressions actually far outweigh those of the people you are threatening on this board, and your heavy handed and overbearing attitude to any criticism of PtN borders on rabid. So before you go threatening others with public disclosure look to your own conduct first.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Nazi spies?? Where??

Oh wait, it was just a metaphor for some noobs opinion. Nevermind...
    Last edited by Cheeseman1208; 10-29-2008 at 09:16 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Slander eh, pretty sure it would be libel I think because it was broadcast over the interwebs but I'm no lawyer. Who knows you could in fact be a Nazi how would anyone prove this not to be true?? So there is no defamation here ,no losses of any kind due to his inappropriate statements. PTN is a fine enough tracker and as I said he just comes across as disgruntled
    Slightly off topic (not like this topic is worth salvaging anyway), but as a (former) lawyer I feel compelled to correct a misstatement on the law You're right that it would be libel, not slander. However, you're mistaken as to both the burden and standard of proof required to prove defamation. The test would be whether the writer/publisher had a good reason to believe that he was a Nazi, and it would be up to the writer/publisher to prove either that he good reason or that the statement is actually true. Still, the main problem with a defamation claim would be showing that a rational reader would actually believe the libelous statement (which is closely related to proving that his reputation had actually been injured). In the seminal free speech/defamation case of Hustler Magazine v. Falwell (US Supreme Court), the court found that Hustler had not defamed Falwell because the average reader could not reasonably believe that Hustler actually meant what it said (it had joked that Falwell had sex with his mother, if I remember correctly). Given the source of the Nazi comment in this thread, I think it's doubtful that a reasonable person would take him seriously

Well, that killed some time for me - class dismissed.
    Last edited by DarkLured; 10-29-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast