Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Sharman Wants To End Kazaa Hacks

Poster
    In the last few K++ versions (a new one appears about every week to month), the PL hack was disabled by default -- but the prevent queue-jumping was enabled by default.

Since K++ is the ONLY fasttrack network program that can currently prevent listing of all files shared by a user, it is slightly safer than regular Kazaa for purposes of SHARING files.

Since K++ is the ONLY fasttrack network program that also has an integrated ip list blocker, it can do a better job preventing connections to known bad+hostile ip ranges. Using Peer Guardian instead with regular Kazaa won't work as well, because Peer Guardian is REACTIVE (tries to stop the connection after it's made) whereas K++ is PROACTIVE (PREVENTS it from being made.)

K++'s maker, Random Nut, uncovered and disclosed to Sharman a critical bug that could wreck the network. It is unknown (to me) if Sharman included a patch for this in their software, which could leave a user's connection open to ADDITIONAL vulnerabilities. The latest K++ versions fixed this problem, which actually benefits regular Kazaa users by reducing POINTS OF VULNERABILITY on the network. (reasoning that K++ users upgraded to fixed K++ versions, not that 'new converts' to K++ appeared...)

Some people work for charity, others for fame, and the rest it seems for fortune. Random Nut would rather remain anonymous, except for his nickname, so his creation draws no real fame to himself and he has not $ profited from his efforts.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    User1: downloads all of the file from Source
    Time : Time is now T+3.5 hours
    About the downloading with original kazaa being 5kB, in all the kazaas you can only download a maximum of '16584' (or something similar) from 1 user before your connection will be reset with that user, giving another user the opportunity to get in your place.

So should read
    User1: Downloads 16584kB
    User2: Cuts in line because User1's downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go
    User2: Downloads 16584kB
    User3: Cuts in line because User2's downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go

User3: Downloads 16584kB
    User4: Cuts in line because User3's downloaded the maximum possible amount in 1 go

When there are more users wanting to download a file than there are available slots then the ones with the highest PLs will get the available slots. Never will Kazaa let someone with a lower PL download before someone with a higher PL.

And 5kB is just an example. It doesn't matter if they download 10kB or 1MB at a time, it will still take them 52.5 hours unless they all download 100% of the file at once.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Yeah I swithched to kazaaLite when they released an updated version of kazaa and it almost ruined my OS. All the spyware, not to mention that it was using almost 100% of my computer resources. I had to perform a complete system resore. Thank God I have a backup hard drive with all my information protected.
    I am a firm KazaaLite supporter and promoter!
    Long live kazaaLite & it's creators!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Originally posted by gsteelechef@11 September 2003 - 05:04
    Long live kazaaLite & it's creators!!!

LONG LIVE KAZAA LITE

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by loz+10 September 2003 - 15:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (loz @ 10 September 2003 - 15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 19:31
    K-Lite prevents that, With the "Users can&#39;t cut in line" feature.&nbsp;
    no it doesn&#39;t, try download a big file with only 1 user [/b][/quote]
    I downloaded a 131MB video file yesterday from someone. The DL did not stop once.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Originally posted by Supernatural+11 September 2003 - 15:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Supernatural @ 11 September 2003 - 15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by loz@10 September 2003 - 15:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural
    @10 September 2003 - 19:31
    K-Lite prevents that, With the "Users can&#39;t cut in line" feature.

no it doesn&#39;t, try download a big file with only 1 user
    I downloaded a 131MB video file yesterday from someone. The DL did not stop once. [/b][/quote]
    You sat there all the time it was downloading watching it did you?

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    You sat there all the time it was downloading watching it did you?
    LOL sometimes I do that as well, but only when it&#39;s a small file. Coz it&#39;s such fun to watch the grey line gradually increase &#33;&#33;&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by loz+11 September 2003 - 13:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (loz &#064; 11 September 2003 - 13:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Supernatural@11 September 2003 - 15:54
    Originally posted by loz@10 September 2003 - 15:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural
    @10 September 2003 - 19:31
    K-Lite prevents that, With the "Users can&#39;t cut in line" feature.&nbsp;

no it doesn&#39;t, try download a big file with only 1 user

I downloaded a 131MB video file yesterday from someone. The DL did not stop once.
    You sat there all the time it was downloading watching it did you?[/b][/quote]
    You damned right I sat there. It was a Nikita Denise/Amber Michaels lesbo scene I been trying to get for EVER&#33; Finally got it and am a happy man now.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    hey random what&#39;s your reply to twats who say "in order to stop the riaa from getting files off you you&#39;d have to proxy the whole network"? their claims not mine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345