Thread: .mpy Files

Hi, I found an mp3 player in my local park, and no one clamied it so it was given to me. Anyway, it plugs into my usb port and shows up as an external drive. I thought that it would be like most mp3 players, and I would just have to copy mp3s to the drive. The thing is, mp3's wont work on it. Observing the drive, the music files that were on it already were in mpy format. Is there any software that will allow me to make an mpy file out of my mp3s?

2. Music   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    lol, someone didn't leave it there, there junked it there. if you want to mess with it get a program called musicmatch jukebox, you will have to d/l a plug in for it. most of the mp3 files that you've downloaded will not convert to mpy, just another attempt to try and stop piracy.

3. Music   -   #3
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    you must first convert the mp3's you are putting on to it to mpy files, look on the manufacters website and i bet they have the necessary program

4. Music   -   #4
    Broken is right about MusicMatch, yet I know of a converter mpy->mp3 but i don't remember it's name. google it.

5. Music   -   #5
    Actually no one junked it there, I found it sitting on a bench in the locker room. It's an RCA LYRA. I have musicmatch, what plugin do I need? And about converting, why wouldn't they convert, the songs that were on it obviously downloaded, you can tell by the filenames and so of the tracks themselves. If anyone has a simple answer. I've had this thing lying around for like 3 months, and I figured it's time to be able to use it.

6. Music   -   #6
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    i thought my post was rather simple, but i guess these days with this pathetic education system of ours.......

7. Music   -   #7
    sorry about that, I was typing that up at the same time you posted. I wrote that before I seen people had replyed. I didn't mean to sound like a prick. I think musicmatch is the answer, just gotta figure it out.

8. Music   -   #8
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I have the same thing rca Lyra rd1070, pure junk. It ships with the program (the only one i know that will work with it) go to the rca web site and search for the exact model you have, you will have to d/l a plug in for that model for musicmatch jukebox. I don't know how, but only a small fraction of the songs i have d/l will convert to mpy.