Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: And yet again a reminder PLEASE READ!!!!!

JUSTAGUY's Avatar TORRENT P2P BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    I guess, this all happens to traders who trade accounts/invites that are forbidden in here, not denying the fact that i'm also a victim of the same. There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    If the other person says something like "FST staff tell site staff" or any other lame excuse THEY ARE LIEING TO YOU AND WILL MOST LIKELY SCAM YOU.
    But i don't know yet how comfortable i will be trading using a middleman. Yes, hopefully we can be sure that the info will remain confidential but still i know some staff here might have some affection to the staff in sites we trade and i have strong reasons to say it. NO offense meant nor i mean particularly someone in here but the fact that the staff knows my ip and account info refrain myself from using a middleman.

Further, when it come to account trading, in some sites, ip change means ban. So when the staff confirms an account using his ip there is little chances that the accounts survive. Correct me if i'm wrong cause i don't know how the middleman system actually works.

i agree that's why i don't trust the middleman system we need a better more efficient method.
    Last edited by JUSTAGUY; 11-04-2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    UTORRENT ABUSER

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish View Post

What is catch-22?
    Catch 22 is a phrase that originated in a book based on WWII if I remember correctly. I think it was a movie as well.

It refers to bomber pilots trying to get out of the war by claiming to be insane. The "catch" was that if you were trying to get out of the war, than you are thinking rationally (no one wants to get killed in a bombing mission). If you are thinking rationally.....then you aren't insane and can continue.

dont have much to say about the topic though. . .

Edit: better explanation here http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...in-of-catch-22
    Last edited by That1Guy; 11-04-2008 at 05:33 AM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    At the end of the day, traders have the odds stacked against them. Most torrent users in the community hate them intensely, all trackers forbid trading, and of course a lot of "traders" are actually scammers.

So naturally, traders, when you try to fight for your right to be the "most efficient" scum of the torrent community, you're going to be met with some heated opinions. As long as it is not heavy trolling, people are allowed to post in trade threads. Unless the mods start cracking down a lot, you're just going to have to deal with it.

they didn't built Rome in one day

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    At the end of the day, traders have the odds stacked against them. Most torrent users in the community hate them intensely, all trackers forbid trading, and of course a lot of "traders" are actually scammers.

So naturally, traders, when you try to fight for your right to be the "most efficient" scum of the torrent community, you're going to be met with some heated opinions. As long as it is not heavy trolling, people are allowed to post in trade threads. Unless the mods start cracking down a lot, you're just going to have to deal with it.
    I mean, I dont really care, but I love when people use the "trackers forbid trading" or "against trackers rules" arguments, which are both true statements. But, I wonder why I dont see these same people going to the giveaway section and getting all high and mighty there? I mean, giveaways to people you dont know are "forbidden" and "against tracker rules".. I just get the feeling since its popular, people will pick on certain people because they think its cool and they can get away with it, which makes them feel superior, good luck with that.
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTAGUY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    I guess, this all happens to traders who trade accounts/invites that are forbidden in here, not denying the fact that i'm also a victim of the same. There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.

But i don't know yet how comfortable i will be trading using a middleman. Yes, hopefully we can be sure that the info will remain confidential but still i know some staff here might have some affection to the staff in sites we trade and i have strong reasons to say it. NO offense meant nor i mean particularly someone in here but the fact that the staff knows my ip and account info refrain myself from using a middleman.

Further, when it come to account trading, in some sites, ip change means ban. So when the staff confirms an account using his ip there is little chances that the accounts survive. Correct me if i'm wrong cause i don't know how the middleman system actually works.

i agree that's why i don't trust the middleman system we need a better more efficient method.
    Well lets see you say you don't know how the MM system actually works yet you have formed an opinion that it is unsafe Both you and GM are wrong. No matter what "affections" we may or may not have for some site staff it has no bearing on the trust that comes with being a MM. For you or anyone to say that is a bit insulting to me and Im sure to the MOD's here. Staff have access to your IP addy now we don't need for you to use a middle man. ANY site you are a member of also has your IP and if there were ever anything to go on between FST and a site using or not using a MM would mean NOTHING.

You say you have good reason to say so? Well what reasons might those be? Don't just spread propaganda without a real point or IMO it seems like bull5hit. AFAIK there has never been a case of someone using a MM here and their info being spread around.

Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

I agree that traders have the odds against them 100%, it's true there are many risks associated with trading. I mean all could have gone well with the trade and months down the line your acct could be banned because they found out you got the acct by trading. This is something traders must accept ,Shirley. But to say "all" trackers hate traders and trading is a bit much indeed. There are alot of sites out there not just the 20 or so we mostly deal with here and many of those sites couldn't give a crap about trading at all. Trading is not the scummiest part of the torrent community either man. It's all opinion. IMO I feel people who sell invites on Ebay are way worse than traders and I feel that those who scam others are even worse than that. Not saying that I even agree with trading because I feel making some friends is the best way, but to some getting noticed and making friends isn't that easy so I can understand why people do it. But for you to try and speak for the entire "torrent community" is a bit absurd and cocky. Even in the torrent communiyt sites war with each other ALL the time.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    trading accounts is a bad idea too.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I've traded invites before, never accounts though because I favor keeping the sites I belong to, to myself.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, I never thought of the possibilities of getting scammed through MSN/AIM/whatever.

Edit - When I say I've traded invites I mean my own invites on my own accounts, not trading one person's invite for another's.
    Last edited by WhoopDeDoo; 11-05-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Music lover, baby.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    But, I wonder why I dont see these same people going to the giveaway section and getting all high and mighty there? I mean, giveaways to people you dont know are "forbidden" and "against tracker rules"
    Who said invite GA's to unknown people are supported by everyone ... I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.

I'm not a fanatic anti-this or anti-that ... but I won't give an invite of mine to people I don't like, that's all.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    But, I wonder why I dont see these same people going to the giveaway section and getting all high and mighty there? I mean, giveaways to people you dont know are "forbidden" and "against tracker rules"
    I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.
    So how did u get into BitHumen then ...

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.
    So how did u get into BitHumen then ...
    I said I don't like the fact people do public GA's and give invites to peeps they don't know at all (except for a lousy ratio-proof and speedtest) ... I didn't say I never applied for a public GA, hell knows I got a fair number of trackers from a public GA.
    I just say I would never ever do a public GA ... and trading or public GA's are basically the same in terms of consequences for the inviter/invitee/tracker.

If you saw my BT-rep you'd see I have done 3 in the past ... one for a tracker that was open-signup and two for an easily accessible one.
    They date from some time now and I saw really fast public GA's weren't my thing.

Basically I think someone doing a lot of public GA's isn't my first choice when I decide to handout an invite.

Hope you understand better what I was trying to explain.
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast