Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seedhost.eu

Quote Originally Posted by t0x1c View Post
    Hey, i dont wanna hijack this thread but its sort of related, what does this mean on their seedbox options "*STANDARD bandwith - if the customer uses bandwidth excessively on a particular server it might switched to 10mbps".
    Thanks
    it means they don't offer unlimited bandwidth if your using alot of traffic they will reduce the speed .

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Damn... any idea how long it stays reduced for? is it a temp cap? or for the rest of the month?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Don't worry, I have used several OVH boxes and I know dozens of people who do the same and move massive amounts of traffic, but I don't know one single one who has been limited using a 100MB.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    its different for new customers dude, read their site, they have stated clearly 10mbps if too much bandwidth consumed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Thanks for the replies, yeah the reason i ask is because it has happened to me. I was about 20 days into my first month when i noticed it wasnt uploading over 1MB/s. Could still download max about 5MB/s. I tried to calculate traffic and i upped about 6.5 TBs over the 20 days.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    incoming bandwidth is always unthrottled, onl outgoing will be capped by routers to 10mbps to non ovh, i.e including ftp to ur home.. So if one wants to avoid this, then either sla series of ovh or other "unmetetered" hosting provider.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Ahh, i see, thanks for that, how long will the cap last for? end of billing cycle?
    Not taking anything away from seedhost, they are a good provider, only had downtime once and that was on my first day. i guess its my own fault for not reading the t&c's.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cap is put by the host and not reseller, so once ur in no SLA, it wud remains so till the server is in use, only under extreme circumstances it wud be put back into SLA if the hosts sees extremely low data transfer in future and decides to switch the server bak to SLA. I wud say 2-3% max

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    i've been capped twice now.. both times i was put to 10 Mbits in upload and both time it was back to 100 Mbit the next day. I just cant figure out why they do this.. is it the ammount uploaded or is it the speed itself ?

Now i will try to stay under 5 Mb/s at all times and see if i still get cap !

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    if one has to only get poor quality external bandwidth capped to 10mbps, better to take a host that offers quality 10mbps at a similar price elsewhere..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12