Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sct vs FTN

addiction's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Hi,

I just wonder if FTN is that good?
    Do you know if I have any chance to get an invite there?

I'm curious to have your opinion on this subject

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rikikii's Avatar We gonna go higher! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ScT!!1 Pre times, speeds, community. All what bt tracker can wish.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Animal's Avatar From Sesame Street
    I have an account on both - they are basically the same when it comes to pretime, speed (seedboxes) and such. But I have to say ScT takes the cake due to their larger amount of selection. FTN doesn't upload everything, ScT on the other hand uploads nearly everything. So that is my answer... ScT > FTN.

And btw, FTN as of recently has become a little more friendly with handing out invites (no I don't have any so don't ask). Here is a couple news posts from them:

2008-10-20
    Wow, you guys have definitely stepped up and shown your support after that last news post.
    I just want to thank those of you who have supported us in the past, as well as those of you who have done so this month.
    We're on a good roll so far, keep the support coming. If we can keep this up this month, and from now on.. There will be some new portions of the site opening up that I know will be popular. Not only that, but every other part of this site can be improved including retention, pretimes, speed..

As always, thank you seeders and everyone who supports this site in some way or another. It's time we kick this place up a notch and use our resources to their full potential. You guys are our #1 priority, and we really want to prove that to you. Lets bring this community back together, and take this site to new levels. We have the best users in the torrent community here as well as the best staff I could ever ask for. I don't want to see all of this hard work and potential fade away.

So, to add a bit of fuel to our beautiful flame I introduce our first invite competition. You can check it out here.

Thanks again community.

//staff

2008-10-20
    Due to the very small amount of donors so far this month, all who have contributed this month so far will receive an invite shortly if your account isn't invite locked.
    Thank you guys for your support.
    A competition will start soon which will enable the rest of you to have the opportunity to win an invite.
    The drawings/raffle will start next weekend.

The two new portions of this site will remain closed until we have proper funding. But if things continue at this route, we'll have to begin removing portions of this site including the current content boost just to keep the site up.
    //staff

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    addiction's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    However, on ScT you need a very good connection to keep a good ratio. Is it the same for FTN?
    Last edited by addiction; 10-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by addiction View Post
    However, on ScT you need a very good connection to keep a good ratio. Is it the same for FTN?
    There are no ratios on FTN

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    no ratio on FTN, so no. But I disagree, I have no trouble on SCT. Until a few months ago, I only had 80kb/s upload, and 40kb/s before that, and I had no trouble on SCT

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    no ratio on FTN, so no. But I disagree, I have no trouble on SCT. Until a few months ago, I only had 80kb/s upload, and 40kb/s before that, and I had no trouble on SCT
    Do you do something special or you only let your computer always on seeding what you have just downloaded?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    no longer on it... BT Rep: +3
    Dont have FTN so is difficulty to compare. But the no ratio thing on FTN is better thought.

If people on ScT downloads free packs they will be fine, however they will never appreciate the tracker at their best.

cheers
    Last edited by internazionale 1908; 10-28-2008 at 06:57 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I normally use a seedbox to enjoy all release from ScT.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    FTN might have no ratio, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better tracker. You are still expected to seed a certain amount/time and if not you will be banned - quickly. It doesn't mean you can leech all you want and kill torrents after they have finished. I was trying to think of some other reasons why FTN might be better, which I thought about the IRC chat/pre channels. Then I remembered that ScT has those too. So yeah, still ScT>FTN. The ONLY thing that I could find that made FTN better, is less freeloading leechers (yes believe it or not, even without a ratio stat, more people seed than they do leech on there) and the design/interface of the site is cooler.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast