Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tips Here...

Hey nikita69 you have posted some cool tips. I have got a little problem. I have high speed internet and my download speed is very slow. I am downloading a video file and the size is 667630kb. It is taking me over 20 hours to download and i have been trying all of the speed up softwares. The speedup softwares do not work and some of your tips do not work. I was woundering if you could help me buy trying to make the file size - 667630kb smaller?. I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by KazaaLiteUser99@18 September 2003 - 21:14
    Hey nikita69 you have posted some cool tips. I have got a little problem. I have high speed internet and my download speed is very slow. I am downloading a video file and the size is 667630kb. It is taking me over 20 hours to download and i have been trying all of the speed up softwares. The speedup softwares do not work and some of your tips do not work. I was woundering if you could help me buy trying to make the file size - 667630kb smaller?. I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Thanks
    Noobs, please put ur question in the QUESTIONS sections not here. thx.
    thx. please post it in QUESTIONS or send it via PM. btw, did u read these tips?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    CHEERS MARRA :-) .

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD FASTER? (example 3)
    The following problems may occur in your case unless you make specific configuration changes (PC, KL++, Router and others related):
    1. Cable/DSL modem connection will be continually hitting the rate cap, leading to apparent poor bandwidth for KL++
    2. Ping times will look bad
    3. Traceroutes will look bad, even on the very first hop to the local UBR
    4. Online games will show terrible latency when run with KL++ or any P2P
    5. Firewall might detect hundreds or thousands of incoming connection attempts
    6. If your PC is behind a NAT router, the P2P application might not work properly
    7. PC might be acting as a SuperNode server, passing on search requests from other KL++ users
    8. The problem of hitting the rate cap is the same in nature as for on-line gaming. The KL++ sees a network connection via an ethernet or USB interface and assumes a fast network such as a LAN. It may not realize that the Cable/DSL modem connection will impose a rate cap. As soon as KL++ traffic hits the rate cap (especially the upload rate cap), ping times will go through the roof, and other applications will suffer. The general strategy to avoid this is:
      1. Configure the internal rate cap found in KL++ Options to be substantially less than the Cable/DSL modem upload rate cap
      2. If it doesn't, make sure that you can totally close down the any application, such as online games
      3. On a low bandwidth cable/DSL connection (e.g. 32 kbps upload cap or less), you must turn off SuperNode support
      4. KL++ will expect to receive incoming connections from other users
      5. If you run a firewall or a NAT router, you must configure them to accept those connections, otherwise KL++ might not work properly, and/or your firewall log might be inundated with messages about attempted connections
      6. Having said all of that, there isn't a program, that I'm aware of, that controls your internet traffic better than NETLIMITER
      TIP: If your Cable or DSL service suddenly have connection problems, slow or failed loading of some webpages, or low upstream/downstream speeds. THEN completely turn off the computer that is connected to your cable modem. Pull out the plug to the cable modem power cord so that no electrical power goes to it. Wait 10 - 15 minutes. Plug the power cord back in. Allow the cable modem 2 - 3 minutes to reset. Turn the computer back on. In most cases, this will restore your cable connection back to normal.
    Note: The following steps are based on the Cable/DSL connection, further detail can be explained HERE?. thx Switeck

RELATING POSTS: comming soon...

RESULTS WILL VARY
    No matter how good your systems may be, they're only as effective as what you put into them.

updated

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    KL++ TOP 20
    MOST REPEATED QUESTIONS, "PROBLEMS" AND "CONCERNS" KL++ USERS TALK ABOUT, YET MISS/FAIL TO SEARCH THE BOARD TO FIND THE POSTED ANSWERS/FACTS:
    1. KL++ keeps saying "connecting" and doesn't connect
    2. Why do the songs I download have this screeching noise in it?
    3. Corrupt Download- how to correct corrupt download?
    4. Where Are My Files?
    5. Participation Level-Can it go over 1000?
    6. KL++ has major bugs, I'm sure of that.
    7. Playing Music And Video-files-Kazaa is not playing my files!
    8. Can't Choose A Supernode!
    9. Only One User?-I am the only user logged on!
    10. Whats The Best Port Connection?
    11. Avi Preview-won't play the movies
    12. Why Do My Files Never Get Shared?
    13. Can I Search For A User?
    14. Kazaalite.kpp Is Trying To Send Email?
    15. The Red Cross Problem-firewall problem?
    16. I keep getting red x's in my search results. What does it mean?
    17. What do I do with a .bin file?
    18. I have a high speed internet connection, why are my downloads so slow?
    19. When a file has many sources, why do I end up downloading from only two?
    20. I just activated my Kazaagold, how do I connect?
    Note: Links to the above list will be provided soon to better assist you. thx SH, EJ, Lam & MM

RELATING POSTS: Kazaa Lite Board -> Kazaa Lite Related

RESULTS WILL VARY
    No matter how good your systems may be, they're only as effective as what you put into them.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    aldo's Avatar Poster
    HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR DOWNLOAD IS A FAKE BEFORE IT FINISHES?
    SAVE TIME AND LOT OF BANDWIDTH DETECTING FAKES EARLY. USEFUL ONLY FOR VERY LARGE FILES

1- For video files (AVI, DIVX, MPEG, etc), use AVI Preview+.
    - From the Traffic tab, right click on the download and select Preview with -> AVI Preview.
    - If AVI Preview doesn't open the movie, use VideoLAN as your second option.
    - Include both AVIPreview and VideoLAN in KL Extensions Tools menu.
    - If the movie is a fake, stop the player and cancel the download.

2- For ISO images and compressed files (EXE, ZIP, RAR, etc), use KDat and WinRAR.
    - Open KDat and find the file name of the .DAT file in "My Shared Folder" for the file that you want to verify.
    - Then open "My Shared Folder", select the .DAT file and make a copy of it (copy & paste in the same directory). This step is required, because the .DAT file is still in use by Kazaa Lite.
    - Rename the new copy of the .DAT file to VERIFY.RAR and double click on it (it other words, open it with Winrar).

You probably will be able to read the table of content of the compressed file or ISO, and verify if the file is a fake or not. In some cases you will be able to repair the RAR and extract some files even when the full file haven't downloaded completely.

This also let you identify if the compressed file has password.

NOTE: Remember to delete VERIFY.RAR

3- For audio files (MP3, WMA, etc), use the internal preview of Kazaa/Kazaa Lite K++.
    - If the internal preview doesn't work, open KDat to identify the file name of the .DAT file in "My Shared Folder" for the file that you want to verify.
    - Then open "My Shared Folder", select the .DAT file and make a copy of it (copy & paste in the same directory). This step is required, because the .DAT file is still in use by Kazaa Lite.
    - Rename the new copy of the .DAT file to VERIFY.MP3 and open it with Winamp2.

NOTE: Remember to delete VERIFY.MP3

Due audio files are normally small and these steps require a couple of minutes, this last tip is only useful for user with slow connection, MP3 downloading at slow rate or downloads of full albums in a single MP3.

You can skip the KDat step in tips #2 and #3 if you only have one download in progress (a single .DAT in "My Shared Folder"). If have a few downloads you can also guess the .DAT by the size of the file.

___
    Aldo Vargas
    http://www.aldostools.com

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Thank you aldo for these tips, i've been meaning to cover that topic. great job and please feel free to continue this trend. I'm certain this topic is helping KL++ users enhance their knowledge.

8. File Sharing   -   #28

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    ONE LINERS THAT CAN HELP YOU RESOLVE/UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM:
    1. When computer crashes while KL++ is running, some if not all downloads became corrupted
    2. Kazaa Lite will delete corrupted download when it starts, because it cannot resume them

RESULTS WILL VARY

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    DEFAULT SETTINGS IN KL++ THAT DO NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED:
    The purpose of this list is simple, many new users, for whatever reason they change some of these settings that could affect their download/upload speed or their privacy protection.
    1. Username - These are not unique
    2. Email - Fake e-mail address
    3. Country - This setting is not important
    4. Shared Folder - If you change your download location and have some unfinished downloads, move all of them to the new folder, but don't delete the old folder yet till all have finished downloading
    5. Maximum number of search results - This is the maximum amount of search results returned for a single search. The value should be between 1 and 200 (default)
    6. Do not function as a supernode - If you disable it (default), then you could be a supernode once in a while
    7. Filter file types that can potentially contain a virus - This will filter out ALL filetypes that could possibly contain a virus or other malicious software
    8. Filter out files that I cannot download due to firewalls - This will filter out files from the search results that are shared by people who are behind a firewall that is configured to block uploads
    9. Filter bogus music and video files - This will filter out files that have a file-extension of a video or music file, but aren't actually real video or music files
    10. Network name - This is what will appear behind the @ after your username
    11. Other users can't cut in line - This will prevent people with a high PL from booting people with a lower PL out of your uploads. That way you will be uploading at a first come first serve basis. This will result in a higher amount of succesful uploads
    12. Block Bad IP Ranges - It mostly blocks organisations that try to monitor illegal filesharing activity or that try to spread fake files on the network
    13. Users can't get a list of all your shared files - This will prevent other people from being able to see a list with all of your shared files. This is a very powerful option in the battle against the organisations that try to monitor filesharing activity. It prevents them from acquiring any evidence
    14. Disable port 1214 - This improves your privacy and security. Note that this option only works if you have set a different port as 1214 for incoming connections (firewall tab)
    15. Limits - Here you can set the maximum number of active downloads and uploads
      1. Dial-up users should have between 2 and 6 downloads and 2 uploads
      2. Users with basic cable and ADSL variants should have between 4 and 8 downloads and between 3 and 6 uploads
      3. Users with fast cable and ADSL variants should have between 6 and 10 downloads and between 5 and 10 uploads
      4. Users a high speed connection (corporate LAN, university networks) should have between 10a nd 16 downloads and between 10 and 16 uploads
      5. NOTE: It is not a good idea to set the number of uploads to unlimited. This will result in many very slow uploads. It is better to set it at a value of for example 10
    REFERENCE: KL++ v2.4.3 FAQ

RELATING POSTS: comming soon...

RESULTS WILL VARY

updated

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast