Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What trackers might be worth trying to get on for me?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'll give a little more serious answer this time. In my opinion, from the sites you mentioned the only one you would really benefit from is SDBits. They have content that can't be found every where. If you like standard x264 tv and movies, then get an invite. I think it's an excellent site.

For 0day, you already have your bases covered with IPT(my favorite site) and TL. Two of the top 0day sites in my opinion. They both have a shit load content.

As for HD, I would get into Bit-HDTV. It's easy to get into(compared to HDBits), has great content, and very nice staff.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    p0ster
    You're pretty much set, IMO

Of course, you could always try for those rare trackers

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    all what you have to get is : some life
    seriously , you alredy got what you need.
    Vectoral FTW!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    why Indietorrents for music? I've never noticed anything particularly good/special about that tracker.. if you want another general music tracker then i'd get softmp3, but i guess what and waffles are all you really need
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 10-29-2008 at 04:35 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Indietorrents is an excellent tracker in my opinion. I've found a ton of new music thanks to it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sct, ftn, waffles

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLured View Post
    I am mainly interested in general content, 0-day and/or movie trackers that might be useful.
    Any of 500 trackers with exactly the same content should satisfy you.
    Now go away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If you are interested in getting better quality rips than from the scene, then x264 is definitely worth looking into. SDBits too.

Apart from that I don't see anything you lack, since no HD, no DVDr, no foreign etc.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 10-29-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by peronibirra View Post
    iTS, ScL Not as cool as you think.
    That seems to be the consensus from what I've read I won't bother.

SDBits is a great site, definitely recommend and I'd give you an invite maybe if I could.
    Cool. It turns out they give SDBits invites to power users on Waffles, so I'll probably request one there and try it out.

GFT is nice, but inactive.
    I applied for an invite/account, but if it doesn't come I probably won't bother with it.

TiT seems like a cool place I don't use it much though.
    Cool. TiT also gives invites to Waffles power users, so maybe I'll request one just to check it out.

FTN is my favorite site, maybe you could try for that.
    Yeah, me and everyone else in the torrent world. I won't be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    For 0day, you already have your bases covered with IPT(my favorite site) and TL. Two of the top 0day sites in my opinion. They both have a shit load content.
    Agreed, TL is probably my favorite site (although I'm a music freak so Waffles and What are up there too), and it's nice for whoever runs IPT that it seems to get the respect it deserves these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    As for HD, I would get into Bit-HDTV. It's easy to get into(compared to HDBits), has great content, and very nice staff.
    I guess we'll see when I make the upgrade to HD content (first I need a faster connection and a bigger screen, haha), but I understand they give out HDBits invites to Waffles power users, so maybe I'll do that if/when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    why Indietorrents for music? I've never noticed anything particularly good/special about that tracker.
    IndieTorrents was one of my first private trackers (along with Oink). As Funkin' points out, it is a great place to discover new music. Sometimes I check out the most seeded torrents and find cool stuff not found on the Waffles/What top-10 lists. Also, it's a nice little close-knit community with some cool people.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    if you want another general music tracker then i'd get softmp3, but i guess what and waffles are all you really need
    Agreed. It Waffles/What ever go down (gosh forbid, knock on wood, etc.) then SoftMP3 or STMusic might be a good alternative.

P.S. There are some great albums in your signature
    Last edited by DarkLured; 10-29-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: replying to some helpful peeps :)

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLured View Post

FTN is my favorite site, maybe you could try for that.
    Yeah, me and everyone else in the torrent world. I won't be holding my breath.
    I know you're going to keep chasing an FTN invite purely from the hype generated by this site and others(as I and every other member there did). But I use IPT and TL way more than FTN. The other two sites has about three times more content. FTN is just another 0day site. So I wouldn't waste too much time or energy chasing that ever eluding invite.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast