Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: no seedbox, no ratio, general tracker running gazelle?

I've been discussing a possible big project with a friend who might help me with the more technical side while I run the front end. I'd like your preliminary thoughts on some of the things we are thinking of doing. Everything is very early on though.

Basically we came up with these rules in order to make the perfect big tracker that could run on the light, quick Gazelle code.

No rar files. No pretimes. Nonscene and all users can upload.
    No ratio. We'd calculate your total traffic and report that to everyone.
    Anonymous mode for everyone, lots of security and privacy features. The goal is to create a big site where everyone can upload pretty much anything, but feel secure.
    Open signups at first and being liberal with invites, with the goals of 10k in year 1 then 25k in year 2, etc.
    No seedboxes allowed except for uploaders. (this one is our most revolutionary I think so it is definitely subject to negotiation)

Basically the goal would be to create a modern Demonoid that eventually gets massive. It would be easier and better to run on Gazelle, keeping the tracker fairly private and growing slowly.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I actually think that sounds great. And something I wouldn't mind being a part of it works out exactly like you described.

I wish you luck.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Sounds like a good project, this site might be something...

Good luck then.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    No rar files. No pretimes. Nonscene and all users can upload.
    No ratio.
    No seedboxes allowed
    no one need another piratebay

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    No seedboxes allowd

Im currentley seeding quite a few torrents. One of these torrents is 12gb. Now, if I did not have a seedbox, I somehow doubt I would be seeding this. I can not leave my computer on 24.7 and I am not always on my PC.

In the last 2 weeks, that one torrent has transferred in excess of 600gb. I can not see myslef doing this on a normal connection where my upload speed is a mere 20kb/sec.

Having a no seedbox rule, is not a great idea, and Im sure many people will argree.

But what an idea. Brilliant. Would love to see this happen, espically with Gazelle.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    the idea is good , but not easy to do
    and about this : No seedboxes allowed except for uploaders. (this one is our most revolutionary I think so it is definitely subject to negotiation)

i think you have to change it ,because there is no positive point on it, people want to download fast, and people with seedbox seed fast.
    Vectoral FTW!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemamir View Post
    No seedboxes allowd

Im currentley seeding quite a few torrents. One of these torrents is 12gb. Now, if I did not have a seedbox, I somehow doubt I would be seeding this. I can not leave my computer on 24.7 and I am not always on my PC.

In the last 2 weeks, that one torrent has transferred in excess of 600gb. I can not see myslef doing this on a normal connection where my upload speed is a mere 20kb/sec.

Having a no seedbox rule, is not a great idea, and Im sure many people will argree.

But what an idea. Brilliant. Would love to see this happen, espically with Gazelle.
    How about having a No seedbox rule for users with >=80kb/s upload?
    Would that be more appropriate?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    If there's no ratio, what's the point in disallowing seedboxes? I must be missing something.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraUser View Post
    If there's no ratio, what's the point in disallowing seedboxes? I must be missing something.

True. I was wondering the same thing...
    No ratio trackers are good, keep this and chuck the no seedboxes and no rar ideas , it might worth

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Rikikii's Avatar We gonna go higher! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Would be nice project. Good luck, m8!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast