Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimsufi policy changes (SLA/noSLA)

Hi!

I've heared that OVH is changing its SLA policy, and want to know how this gonna affect my Kimsufi serer I have.
    My average daily transfered data is ~ 300gb, which is nowhere near extreme usage, but from what I've heared there will be a 10Mbit cap for SLA bw which will be obviously exceeded. So if OVH is going to put Kimsufis over this limit to noSLA mode where speed is capped to 1MB/sec I'm definitely not interested in keeping my server after this month is over.

Can someone verify what these changes exactly are, or is anyone (below the previous 100MBit/sec average limit) having already speed problems with being put in noSLA?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    One of the members here pointed me to the OVH forums .. I think u should visit them to get a clearer picture about this .. AFAIK u r put into NoSLA mode only if u average 10mbps continously for 24 Hrs ..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yeah its not looking good.

And Oles doesn't care as he states 200 servers are rented every day. (That is until those customers find there speeds shit and word spreads as it is starting to).

Only internal traffic is not capped which is good for now as alot of people have Kimmi's but for how long?

I believe now that only OVH servers (not Kimis) are exempt, but the policy changes all the time so who knows.

Guess we will find out over the upcoming weeks if things get worse.

I guess leaseweb (not unlimited) and hosting-ie (unlimited but charge like a wounded bull) should see there customer base expand.
    Last edited by Neoworld; 10-30-2008 at 10:34 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoworld View Post
    I believe now that only OVH servers (not Kimis) are exempt, but the policy changes all the time so who knows.
    What do yyou mean by this ? ..
    Is it stated somewhere that servers apart from kim are not under this rule?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoworld View Post
    What do yyou mean by this ? ..
    Is it stated somewhere that servers apart from kim are not under this rule?
    - If the customer uses bandwidth intensively and / or permanently, it is switched to "SLA Standard noBurstable" guarantee 10Mbps, not burstable.
    Note:
    Generally speaking, we do not want to give more guarantees for Kimsufi offers. Either the customer is an individual and does not need these guarantees or he is a PRO and he has to switch to PRO offers that have all necessary guarantees.

- PRO, default is "SLA Premium": the guaranteed bandwidth of 100Mbps, not burstable.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    So is 100Mbps, not burstable better ?( As in SLA Premium)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Ok, so I'd better cancel my subscription if 1MB/s speed is not enough for me, right? OVH Superplan BestOf is just way too expensive for me, think I will be fine without a server for some time

edit: 100MBit non-burstable is fixed 100Mbit without limitations.
    Last edited by kovacsj; 10-30-2008 at 12:01 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    You can share this servers among some people (2 or 3 users), and you will have always guaranteed 100Mbps (SLA Premium)

Seedright.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    yes in OVH range, 100mbps is 24/7, even if u use 11MB per sec all day long, no caps whatsoever , so if one wants a OVH for long term from uk, then tomo is the last day for their free setup offer i believe. A nice 50Sterling discount..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    From oles in the forum in response to the 1mbit upload cap-

You have a kimsufi. rsk08xxl, renewed 2 oct. paid 46

http://www.kimsufi.co.uk
    100 Mbps (not always guaranteed SLA standard network)
    Your burst is limited to 10Mbps because 95th Output is 42.5 Mb/s.
    You want to use all the time 100Mbps and we don't propose it
    on Kimsufi. On Kimsufi your have a burst 100Mbps that you can
    use for free during 5% of month (36 hours). Not all the time.
    On PRO yes you can use it all the time. Not on Kimsufi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast