Thread: New to usenet, wish to share rare videos but questions i has!

ok no more lolcat rubbish

Just tried the giganews trial and im pretty happy with usenet. Going to sign up for the Astrawebs $11 special. Tired of having to seed all the time for private trackers, so going to keep using torrents just for rare/old stuff.

One thing i would like to know is, if SSL is nessicary as im not worried about the feds watching what i do as long as the people who email my ISP are kept away im happy.

Also is there a place to make requests?

is usenet the place for uploading rare videos with dubious quality and some noob capping/encoding? If that is not the case, ignore the rest of this message

Anyway, Ive got about 20gb of early seasons of a local Australian TV Show "Pizza" that has never been released to dvd because of the television company holding the rights to the eps does not want to for some reason =\.

There is quite a large fanbase (not too sure how many of them use usenet) as my site (before SBS "requested" it be taken down or else legal action would come) was getting about 1000 hits a month from memory.

I would upload them but the only catch is, some episodes are missing, some are very low quality, some have a watermark at start and finish from the capper and some have a few glitches in the video.

Its taken me years to find and collect these clips, and lower quality versions come and go on torrent trackers so i figured i might upload it to usenet. Ive been reading on conventions to follow but i dont know who the original cappers and encoders are....

Any tips would be appriciated.

J
    Last edited by Gruelius; 11-01-2008 at 07:41 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think using ssl never hurts. For uploading you can use jbinup app that uses ssl port. Also people upload all sorts of crap to usenet so its upto you what you upload. You know what they say, "one man's junk is another man's treasure"
    Last edited by jbloggs; 11-03-2008 at 03:06 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    uploading never hurts.some people might archive it
    Pimpn aint easy ®

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    While i got you all here, how do you request for stuff that hasnt been released by the scene rippers yet?

Like using nfoogle i found some episodes of wheeler dealers but it wasnt a complete list of all the episodes. Id much rather find a few complete season NZB's or something (Torrents exists but 0 seeders literally ). So how do i go about that? or do i have to make requests with the rippers or something instead?

Thanks

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    they need to sticky an answer to the request question.

use a irc client like mirc- be polite and ask around in their channel

irc.efnet.org
    #Alt.Binaries.Tvseries
    http://www.alt-bin.com/index.php
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 11-02-2008 at 04:51 AM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®