Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: if you were to open private torrent site

colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    well my tracker would be different: (note:this would be to assume im rich and have nothing else to do with my money)
    0day:::user created/hacked/modified programs:::Music:::for wankers .

forums will be as usual but in the same way different. they would be moderated roughly, there would be a "bounty hunters" thread where they catch cheaters. (i would have many mods looking around the net for trading/selling invites). offering prizes for whoever catches the most cheaters/traders in a month.

as for the limit i would aim at no more than 15k (yes big size = big opportunity and with the anti cheaters thread they won't come ez). but first i would let about 5k in then throw some invites and close definitely the site, then after about 10k, i will delete all invites and manage them in a request thread, or buy them (with points...you'll see).

for downloadin/ratio rules:
    only download will be counted (yes and you'll see why).
    uploaded gb's will be accomulated as points for exchange in the shop/market place (where you can also buy invites) with the following:

-invite (1tb)
    -ct (25gb)
    -warning rem. (500gb)
    -gift (from 10gb to 666gb)

maybe more if i get any ideas of make a thread for suggestions.

my idea is instead of giving points per seeding time, make the uploaded amount a credit points, but the down side is that you will only be seeding for the invite , so to counter this you must have uploaded at least 50% of what you have downloaded a month.

now here would be the user classes:
    noob -normal leecher
    PU -must have downloaded 100gb. same pu crap (nfo..etc)
    Leecher -must have downloaded 200gb and/or have snatcher over 25 torrents. same as pu
    sup. leecher -must have downloaded 500gb and/or have snatche over 50 torrents. sup. seeder specail forum(s)
    seeder -has rights to upload (min. speed 200kb/s)
    sup. seeder -default uploader class (min. speed 600kb/s)

now for staff/above

star(*)/VIP -donated/gave something special to stie acces to special forum(s)
    Elite -gave more than money to the site access to special forum(s)
    Recruiter -can invite and manages invites (to elite, 1 a month :: if not used after the third month then they are disabled and he/she may ask for them if needed)
    Moderator -forum freaks
    Coder -he weilds the power to type in a different unknown language
    Admin -then one and only
    Me - you know me?

as far as site looks,etc i just wouldn't mind trying to give the site a nice cool grungy look (i love grungy stuff). content will be what people mostly download, music/0day/xxx/cool programs. maybe also a non-scene upload section for those good quality products that scene can't give you.

ruels as many others and the common ones. (don't talk about it. blabh blah).

now for seeding rules:
    would have a "total seeding ratio" nexto your "download traffic" to see if you have met the minimun (50%). those who do not will have chane and a "torrents needing seeds" link will give them a little help, or also if possible an autoscript that tells them which scene release hasn't been uploaded to the site. of course you won't be kicked out for not having 50%, unless you haven't seeded each torrent for a minimum of one week each.(there would be a code for it )

name/user class special name? don't know but maybe this:
    netproject.in (gives it a good look, others were taken )
    for names id hold a contest i guess.

and there you have it, not the most awesome tracker, but could be a promising one, the idea is up for grabs to feel free to take it and get coding!
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    blueray encodes/reencodes only

like BRRips and BDRips xvids
    http://file$harefreak.com/2008/11/19/blu-ray-brrip-bdrip-two-new-xvid-hd-formats/
    Last edited by kondrae; 11-21-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I know i have already posted in this thread.

But "if" i was going to make another tracker that was linked to BCG, then It would be what i mentioned before, a movie tracker.

But if i was going to make another tracker, that was not linked at all the BCG and was a brand new startup project, this is what i would attempt to do (probably would not work, but you never know till you try it right).

No Copywrited material on the tracker at all, but it would have everything. Or at least the uploader must hold the copywrite to the work they are uploading.

So in no particualer order.

Ebooks (the uploaders own short stories, or novels or whatever)
    Audio books (as above but audio)
    Games (kids in their bedrooms making games again like it used to be).
    Music (Local bands, that play in local pubs, uploading their songs/covers on the tracker, underground bands, and maybe even some more well known ones, IF they own the copywrite to it and dont mind uploading)
    Movies (Home made, indy films, again as long as the uploader has the rights to upload it, fine) NO PRON though.
    Apps/Themes/etc etc (anything that is free or even just made with VS or whatever and the member wants feedback/show off.

Any other thing we can think of that is the members own work.

We would also welcome the Directors, Screenplay writers, MPAA,RIAA, Publicists etc etc in, and they may find the next Stephen King or the next Brad Pitt.

whether the above ever happens though is a different matter, but i do not think it has ever been done before, so we shall see, it may be a complete flop though, hence why it has never been done before lol

But everyone likes their 15 minutes of fame, just look at youtube and facebook, so i dont see why it cant be a success.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

But "if" i was going to make another tracker that was linked to BCG, then It would be what i mentioned before, a movie tracker.

But if i was going to make another tracker, that was not linked at all the BCG and was a brand new startup project, this is what i would attempt to do (probably would not work, but you never know till you try it right).

No Copywrited material on the tracker at all, but it would have everything. Or at least the uploader must hold the copywrite to the work they are uploading.

Music (Local bands, that play in local pubs, uploading their songs/covers on the tracker, underground bands, and maybe even some more well known ones, IF they own the copywrite to it and dont mind uploading)
    Movies (Home made, indy films, again as long as the uploader has the rights to upload it, fine) NO PRON though.
    Apps/Themes/etc etc (anything that is free or even just made with VS or whatever and the member wants feedback/show off.

We would also welcome the Directors, Screenplay writers, MPAA,RIAA, Publicists etc etc in, and they may find the next Stephen King or the next Brad Pitt.

whether the above ever happens though is a different matter, but i do not think it has ever been done before, so we shall see, it may be a complete flop though, hence why it has never been done before lol

But everyone likes their 15 minutes of fame, just look at youtube and facebook, so i dont see why it cant be a success.
    I applaud you for your ideas and the concept sounds very appealing.
    If you wish to pursue this idea further in the future and need someone on your side to help with a few things just pm me bro. I will always be available to lend a helping hand.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    old movies and old tvshows packs.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    callas's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    make about 0-day tracker!

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

That's quite an interesting concept

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by benficao View Post
    old movies and old tvshows packs.
    Tv/Movie No ratio tracker coming in 2 weeks.
    Working hard to open with 4+ TB of content.
    Last edited by slayer2005; 11-27-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567