Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OVH FTP speeds slower?

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    We'll it just keeps getting slower every month it seems. Instead of doing 5 threads i bumped it up to ten. This month I'm having to bump it up to 15. If it gets any slower I'll probably have to reconsider going with another provider.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    It's been the same speed (maxing out on single connection) for 5 months on my end. No problems or difference

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm back on a ovh server but now the speeds are even SLOWER for me than last year. 3dftp used to work well for me but it also sucks. Can a US ovh user recommend a ftp program that can max out my 12 mbit connection?
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Sanka113
    I use cuteFtp and max out my 25 meg line all the time.
    Even Filezilla works ok for me also.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    i found when Im using my client at the same time, yes then speeds avg at 500 to 1000kB/s too. But if I lower the amount of my torrent then I can easy max my connection which is 8mb/s

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    phauk's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    We'll it just keeps getting slower every month it seems. Instead of doing 5 threads i bumped it up to ten. This month I'm having to bump it up to 15. If it gets any slower I'll probably have to reconsider going with another provider.
    Couldn't have put it better myself!

OVH Network is just a joke now, why they have been banned from a big tracker - it used to be great, but it's oversold in my opinion - thinking they can offer 1Gbps and 10Gbps boxes when it's no where the speed a true 1Gbps or 10Gbps connection would be - and when they open the market to US/CA/BR customers you can guarantee it will be 10x worse.

everyone knows why they choose ovh... it's the price, the fact they are the most widely used servers on most trackers (therefore get a good ratio as you get better speeds with internal bandwidth) - it's definitely not the customer support

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    What tracker did OVH get banned from?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    my speeds are never slow 3MB/s DL i suggest you try sftp

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    lol all ovh server have good FTP speeds TO the place they sell they servers too why do you think they dont sell to usa? cuz the traffic is very expansive and not only usa all the rest too if you looking for ftp speeds from ovh to buy premium traffic and you well see how the speed improve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12