Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! OVH CAPS NOW!! HOST-IE or UPGRADE??

MrBuddyX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i currently have a leaseweb server and seedhostserver.. i got 2 mo left on leaseweb.. i get 2 TB limit/mo.. thats is the reson i went with OVH reseller seedhost in order to get unmetered.. but as u are aware they are starting to cap their speeds for ppl MAXing out the line.. My ? for all of you is WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! I was thinking about upgrading to the PRO server.. it is 50 euro to setup + 85 euros per mo.. it includes 2GB RAM, 100MBPS link GUARANTEED!!, 2x 500GB HDD.. this is what I was thinking about doing until I read a post on here about host-ie and the Gbit..

Now i was looking at the servers for host-ie.. not VPS!! i need a DEDI all to myself.. anyways i am curious about this Gbit connection as well as wandering what was a 2x100MBPS connection?? I seen it on one of their deals.. I was jsut wandering for the $$ I was going to pay for the upgrade at seedhost if it would be BETTER for me just to switch to host-ie and get a Gbit.. I would just get linux if the RAM was low.. So I could do with a 1GB RAM box.. Thats what i got now and it seems to work fine for uT web gui..I would install wine - and the uT with web gui.. But anyways looking at the prices their I see they have real high SETUP FEES which really sucks!! but after that monthly price seems decent.. Is it better to go with the Gbit link or even a 100Mbit link is good.. I mean it is fine for me now.. Also is host-ie TRULT UNMETERED and UNLIMITED.. they dont cap at all?? Well if anyone can help me out and deciding what to get I would REALLY appreciate it.. like I said my budget is around 80 euros a month give or take and if i have to bit the setup FEE fine... ANY feedback at all WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANKS!!

The ? for me is it worth to pay that extra $$ for that Gbit link and is it worth it?? Also with a Gbit link I am sure ur bandwidth would be ridiculous.. Are you sure that hosting-ie doesnt care how much you put out? thanks for all your help guys...
    Last edited by MrBuddyX; 11-02-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    yes hosting ie is unmetered till 15-18tB, above that they may think about capping but ive not heard anything from any user using. The best peering is of Leaseweb without a doubt, but even ovh/hosting ie r nice.

i heard about a new host server.lu/dedicated-overview , 49e setup, 49e a month, 100mbps unlimited. May take this one in near future.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I would also like to know more about hosting-ie from members, who actually used the service before.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    salahnasser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i have ovh gbit
    but the best upload speed i got is 8mb
    and for the download i got 50mb
    and i don't know why?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by salahnasser View Post
    i have ovh gbit
    and i don't know why?
    Are you using windows by chance?

Or do you setup Linux on the box

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    buy OVH pro server gbit, not kimsufi.

they didn't built Rome in one day

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    MrBuddyX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    well thanks for your post everyone.. Once again i need help on deciding b/t hosting ie or seedhost/ovh..Do u think hosting ie Gbit conenction is worth getting...You said 15-18TB.. that is alot of bandwidht there man.. Does any1 have a Gbit server from hosting ie and what type of speeds do they get on it?? Does any1 have the seedhost pro server and what is their thought on it ?

thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by baker21 View Post
    well thanks for your post everyone.. Once again i need help on deciding b/t hosting ie or seedhost/ovh..Do u think hosting ie Gbit conenction is worth getting...You said 15-18TB.. that is alot of bandwidht there man.. Does any1 have a Gbit server from hosting ie and what type of speeds do they get on it?? Does any1 have the seedhost pro server and what is their thought on it ?

thanks
    I don't have a pro from seedhost.eu but I had their 45 euro seedbox. Since they guarantee 100mbps for their pro boxes, I don't think there will be any problem in getting that speed. After all, their service and supports are nothing short of excellent.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    i would recommend going the route of your own dedicated server.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    salahnasser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.Dman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by salahnasser View Post
    i have ovh gbit
    and i don't know why?
    Are you using windows by chance?

Or do you setup Linux on the box
    i setup ubuntu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast