12 21.43%
  • Obama

34 60.71%
  • Vishnu

10 17.86%
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain wins

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    In relation to past experience, it is most likely he will become the president.

It would be predictably sadly absurdly a usain cliché.

I hate cliches

(as a non resident, non usain, you may thank me for giving a shit).

Last edited by 100%; 09-04-2008 at 10:30 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Hopefully a Yank will comment but with the news we're getting here make it seem like Americans really want a change in direction.
    Long time til the actual vote but predictions are a Democratic landslide.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Can I get a brief summary of what McCain will do if he wins, and what Obama will do if he wins? Like, sincerely - What does each of them offer to the public of the US and the world in general?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...1/1130840.aspx

quick google search because i'm interested as well- not from the US hence quite unawares about the whole democratic vs republic debate and how each party's way of thinking affects the rest of the world.

Posted this in the wrong thread initially because I'm so freaking awesome.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I do see McCain as another Bush. I believed Hillary to be the most progressive candidate, but it looks like I'm going Barrack.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Lounge   -   #6
    McCain isn't another Bush but it's going to be difficult to distance himself from that perception especially since the Obama camp will be clearly trying to show that he is.
    I used to admire Hillary more but she got too desperate to win and used some very negative campaigning to try to turn the tide back in her favor.
    I still like her better than Barack though .He just feels artificial to me.
    They recently showed some clips comparing him to Bobby Kennedy.He paled in comparison.Kennedy spoke with real passion Obama only delivers lines well.
    Still I'd take him over McCain(or most conservatives) any day of the week.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Hopefully a Yank will comment but with the news we're getting here make it seem like Americans really want a change in direction.
    Long time til the actual vote but predictions are a Democratic landslide.
    I'm not sure where you're receiving your predictions, but we're a country divided and pretty evenly. Neither party will win by a landslide. Mark my words on that point.

As for the voting trends, it's just too bad there are people don't take the time to look at candidate records.

On social issues, he's more to the left than that many of the Democratic Senate members. That's why he's having a tough time getting the staunch Republican vote. The only things he is conservative on is defense and economics. You look at education, health care, immigration, etc... he's a liberal Democrat, without question.

As someone who lives just a few hours from the southern border, I know I've been more than upset by his stance on immigration and amnesty for illegals. by joining with Ted Kennedy who has the dubious honor of being tagged the "most liberal senator", he showed his lack of respect for the view of the strong majority of Americans who want a secure border and for illegals to respect our laws and abide by them. Amnesty has already been given twice before, ffs!

Also, his stance on 'torture' as a former pow, he should know the difference between humiliation and torture. this was upsetting to me and many others also. I don't advocate torture but humiliations is a great tool to acquire needed Intel that will and has saved hundreds of lives.

We should have learned from history that appeasement is not effective nor does it work to deter a tyrant who is bent on destroying us and others, especially those who do it in the name of "God" and view death as a reward and not a punishment or something to fear.

If elected, I hope he will respect the desires and wishes of the majority of American rather than take the Dems' attitude that they know best for us even when we don't and will do as they please rather than listen to the people.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    So who are you voting for, oh mighty Texan of ours?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I'm not sure where you're receiving your predictions, but we're a country divided and pretty evenly. Neither party will win by a landslide. Mark my words on that point.

As for the voting trends, it's just too bad there are people don't take the time to look at candidate records.

On social issues, he's more to the left than that many of the Democratic Senate members. That's why he's having a tough time getting the staunch Republican vote. The only things he is conservative on is defense and economics. You look at education, health care, immigration, etc... he's a liberal Democrat, without question.

As someone who lives just a few hours from the southern border, I know I've been more than upset by his stance on immigration and amnesty for illegals. by joining with Ted Kennedy who has the dubious honor of being tagged the "most liberal senator", he showed his lack of respect for the view of the strong majority of Americans who want a secure border and for illegals to respect our laws and abide by them. Amnesty has already been given twice before, ffs!

Also, his stance on 'torture' as a former pow, he should know the difference between humiliation and torture. this was upsetting to me and many others also. I don't advocate torture but humiliations is a great tool to acquire needed Intel that will and has saved hundreds of lives.

We should have learned from history that appeasement is not effective nor does it work to deter a tyrant who is bent on destroying us and others, especially those who do it in the name of "God" and view death as a reward and not a punishment or something to fear.

If elected, I hope he will respect the desires and wishes of the majority of American rather than take the Dems' attitude that they know best for us even when we don't and will do as they please rather than listen to the people.
    Predictions of a Democrat sweep were widely reported here.Doesn't make it true though.
    I agree that McCain is a very liberal Republican and that he will need the conservatives in his corner to win.
    I like economic conservatism by the way I hate the liberal idea that throwing money around will fix any situation..Ted Kennedy ,with all due respect to his present situation, I could live without.
    If you don't like open immigration(I'm against it myself,but hey I'm not some poor soul looking for a better life)I suggest you never move to Canada.
    Got to disagree with you on the torture bit.Who knows better than McCain what is acceptable treatment of hostiles?
    What they do at Gitmo is against the Geneva Convention and is stuff like waterboarding only humiliation?.Hey I'm all for finding these terrorist's and ridding the Earth of every single one but if you take prisoners certain rules must apply(I think the answer might lie in taking fewer prisoners).
    Just a few of my thoughts because like it or not what happenings in American politics effects the whole world.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Vishnu shall be elected, with Osama as vice.

^Agreed 190% there with Idol. I don't know who you think you are, Skizo, but I'm pretty sure you haven't had more experience than McCain AFA hardcore torture. I'd presume he'll know more about torture/humiliation than yourself.
    And keep in mind that the more these "humiliation" tactics as you so politically correctly call them are used, the more angered the fundamentalist muslims will become, and the more arguments the US are giving in their favour. You don't treat dirt with dirt. A cardinal rule. There have to be other methods. This is the damn 21st century goddamn it! The most robust democracy in the world condones this kind of bs? Not acceptable.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 06-12-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast