Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips for seeding on Music trackers (small files)

WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoopDeDoo View Post
    Good luck, have fun.
    your hard drive still working!?!
    lol, yes, my hard drive is fine. As my signature says, I'm a music lover!

Music lover, baby.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    RSS DL the torrents in music sites is the best choise.
    Last edited by NfoGuru; 11-08-2008 at 10:10 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    If there are albums that are only available in FLAC, grab it if you can and convert it to V0 and V2.

Uploading can never hurt your download count - just keep looking through your music collection

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    crooked's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hi.

I'm also seeding lots of music files. If you have 300+ torrents in your client, any torrent will get an leecher and then you can upload. Keep old and rare files in seed. Somebody could need it!

You will recognize that, after a short time, every torrent you're seeding has a ratio of < 1.0

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by b1oodyh3ll View Post
    downlaod from a free tracking then up to the private one to get ratio up. make sure its a popular mp3'[s
    always preferred to have people rip themselves with log/cue so at least i know the quality's there..with other free sites they usually don't care about lossless/v0/v2 so long as the files are there, so grabbing from free sites may leave you with a bunch of low quality files that nobody wants.

clearly op doesn't have very many cds to rip and upload himself, so like the others have said, the best option's to just download, and seed everything. or you could wait for a fl, go crazy, and then seed that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    or you could wait for a fl, go crazy, and then seed that.

At OP, I'm not sure how recently you became a member of What & Waffles, but I'm assuming you missed out on their respective freeleeches around the end of October. Always go crazy downloading whatever you can during the freeleech, then seed forever and ever. I always max out my BW during freeleeches at What & Waffles. Downloading FLACs during freeleeches is always a good thing, because you'll be upping larger amounts than 320/V0/V2. If you happen to download an album which is available in FLAC but not 320/V0/V2, you can always convert it then up it.

Hope tihs helps
    Last edited by DJDaveX; 11-08-2008 at 01:39 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDaveX View Post
    or you could wait for a fl, go crazy, and then seed that.

At OP, I'm not sure how recently you became a member of What & Waffles, but I'm assuming you missed out on their respective freeleeches around the end of October. Always go crazy downloading whatever you can during the freeleech, then seed forever and ever. I always max out my BW during freeleeches at What & Waffles. Downloading FLACs during freeleeches is always a good thing, because you'll be upping larger amounts than 320/V0/V2. If you happen to download an album which is available in FLAC but not 320/V0/V2, you can always convert it then up it.

Hope tihs helps
    i'm tempted to cut down on the backups of albums that I don't favour all that much though. It was all fine and dandy when it just started, but when you start to push 300GB of music, it becomes abit silly to keep double copies of everything.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDaveX View Post

Hope tihs helps
    i'm tempted to cut down on the backups of albums that I don't favour all that much though. It was all fine and dandy when it just started, but when you start to push 300GB of music, it becomes abit silly to keep double copies of everything.
    Oh yea, I understand. I just keep them till I felt I've seeded enough.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    p0ster
    The best method is simply to seed every album you download
    It shouldn't be much of a problem anyway, you download torrent, load it into your music directory along with the rest of your library, and it sits there until the drive dies.

You could try and upload scene rips, but at sites where most people prefer v0 if not FLAC, not very many people actually give a damn about scene rips. You'll might still get some upload, but unless it's a major album, you'll see very little snatches, if any at all

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tX View Post
    The best method is simply to seed every album you download
    It shouldn't be much of a problem anyway, you download torrent, load it into your music directory along with the rest of your library, and it sits there until the drive dies.

You could try and upload scene rips, but at sites where most people prefer v0 if not FLAC, not very many people actually give a damn about scene rips. You'll might still get some upload, but unless it's a major album, you'll see very little snatches, if any at all
    lol some people (like me), like to keep my music organized, nicely renamed to artist - album - title, and all. you can't do that with the torrent you just downloaded cus it'll change the content, and then you can't seed it anymore.

so what I do, and most people I know do, is have a folder to store the torrents (I even have 2 folders, one for flac and one for mp3), and keep the properly named ones in another music folder. It pays to keep things organized when you have 10000+++ songs, cus it just makes it easier to find things in the long run.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast