Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips for seeding on Music trackers (small files)

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I've recently became a member of STMusic, Waffles & What.CD, and I would obviously like to improve my ratio to help the community, and so that I don't get booted...

The problem I am having, which is completely new for me and is quite different from most other private trackers I belong to in which 100MB+ & 1GB+ files show up constantly, is that the files that appear on the sites above are obviously quite small (because there music files), and by the time I notice them in the queue, there always winds up being like 5 seeders or more, and zero leechers? I would think that files with this kind of seeder/leecher ratio would be quite difficult to seed effectively??

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about dealing with this dilemma? Thanks!
    Last edited by m021478; 11-04-2008 at 04:56 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    alcoholik's Avatar Drinker BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    just upload torrents

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    STMusic -> 5 seeders, 0 leechers means nothing. It will pick up more leechers very fast. Usually u won't even notice because the files are so small and the tracker updates at 15 min intervals or more. Jump on torrents asap. use rss with a few categories and filter to your liking. For what, just sort on leechers or seeders and go from there. No idea about waffles as i don't have an account there

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Seed every single file you grab forever. Unless you are only into highly popular stuff, you will end up one of very few or even the only seeder on some torrents.

Another way is to find some interest in FLAC as the files are bigger, hence easier to get upload on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Thanks to all for the great tips!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11

Good luck, have fun.

Music lover, baby.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Seed as many files as you can forever. I seed about 500 albums and get roughly 500 MB upload per day.
    feels good, man

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    downlaod from a free tracking then up to the private one to get ratio up. make sure its a popular mp3'[s
    Last edited by b1oodyh3ll; 11-05-2008 at 02:22 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +1
    On What and Waffles the easiest way to buffer is by seeding the very popular apps because people download them from there. IE Adobe Creative Suite, the newest Vista release, etc. STM is a joke to seed at.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    the monthly vista release is always good for ratio. download from somewhere else, and seed non-stop on what and waffles for the next month. usually released around the 13/14th of each month.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast