Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a historic day?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Think of the FACT of liberal plants in pointy white hats at republican rallies screaming that they wanted Obama's testicles on a platter.

I know you heard about this; I sure did.
    What?
    So the people booing Obama at McCain's concession speech were "liberal plants"?

Funny thing...at McCain's party- invitation only, hand-picked attendees- there is audible booing several times at the mention of Obama.
    At Grant Park in Chicago, where a couple hundred thousand gathered by open invitation, there is dead silence during McCain's speech.

I guess all the liberal plants were rooted in Arizona that day.
    "Dead silence during McCain's speech"?

The height of magnanimity, eh?

BTW - tell me why, this time around, the news is not rife with stories of republican vote-stealing, intimidation, and cheating.

Might I suggest that it didn't happen.

Here's another question:

Given the "inevitablity" of progressive liberalism, how is it that a gay marriage ban passed in California, put over the top, one hears, by the black vote?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    A few boo'ing hecklers says nothing about anything, except those few hecklers. It has nothing to do with the party or a single other person in attendance that night.

Sometimes losing isn't gracious, though John showed everyone it can be done impeccably.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #73
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    BTW - tell me why, this time around, the news is not rife with stories of republican vote-stealing, intimidation, and cheating.

Which is why they didn't win this time. I suppose two in a row would have been pushing their luck.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    You're having an even bigger laugh now.

What was the civil rights movement in the USA about then, if racism wasn't endemic.
    If you look back at my first response you will see I wrote about the southern states. These sates are only part of a nation comprising of 50. There was segregation in the south, NOT the whole USA.

Tell me, do you have anti discrimination laws in your country? If you do, why?

5. Lounge   -   #75
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post

What was the civil rights movement in the USA about then, if racism wasn't endemic.
    If you look back at my first response you will see I wrote about the southern states. These sates are only part of a nation comprising of 50. There was segregation in the south, NOT the whole USA.

There was segregation in the everywhere in the United States, but europe is much worst when it comes to racism, here at least we can sue the hell out of everyone.

6. Lounge   -   #76
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    What?
    So the people booing Obama at McCain's concession speech were "liberal plants"?

Funny thing...at McCain's party- invitation only, hand-picked attendees- there is audible booing several times at the mention of Obama.
    At Grant Park in Chicago, where a couple hundred thousand gathered by open invitation, there is dead silence during McCain's speech.

I guess all the liberal plants were rooted in Arizona that day.
    "Dead silence during McCain's speech"?

The height of magnanimity, eh?

Here's another question:

Given the "inevitablity" of progressive liberalism, how is it that a gay marriage ban passed in California, put over the top, one hears, by the black vote?
    Oh but there was stories of people not been register when they went to vote, Tim Robins an actor, houndreds more in New York, voting machines registering votes for Mccain when people voted for Obama.
    This time THEY didn't steal the election because the press was all over the place, and people were watching this time.
    You see this time even the poor didn't mind to wait for hours to vote, there was to much to loose and four more years of the same garbage, no way jose.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Mississippi
    "...racist American myth...", you're having a laugh.

I'm not saying it's not much better than it was FFS I never thought I would see a black POTUS but it's no myth.

He's right.

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post

Really, so everyone had equal rights elsewhere. No underclass other than in the southern states. Really.

We have anti-discrimination laws, yes. They are there to make discrimination illegal, I think that's self evident.

We also have laws against murder, rape, theft and a whole raft of other things which we don't want to happen. That's kind of how it works. Again fairly self evident I would have thought.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

10. Lounge   -   #80
    Genious link

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast