Thread: Jesus Fucking Christ

kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    About an hour ago I was driving home from work, and about 100m from where I was there was a HUGE explosion (I though the fireball was going to reach me).

They say in the news a small plane crashed and at least 20 people have died.

This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Is that a graphical representation of what's going to be happening over the next four years?
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    About an hour ago I was driving home from work, and about 100m from where I was there was a HUGE explosion (I though the fireball was going to reach me).

Whoa dude. That's menthol.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post

Was there a news article released? Any idea of the details?

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,448204,00.html
    http://www.reuters.com/article/world...4A57N720081106

It was a jet form the government. Interior Secretary (the person that would qualify as vice president) and other officers were on that plane.

All the official reports say it was an accident, but there is a lot of speculation about drug mafias involvement.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    That sucks! I know that the drug lords despise Calderon and have fought him incessantly, making parts of the country quite unstable.

I had a trip planned for early last summer to do the Chipitin trip south of Monterrey, then on to Mazatlan, and then a trip up the West coast. Though a few months before we were to leave is when all the hooplah started in Acapulco, Monterrey, etc. and we decided it best not to go. I still want to go but don't really know the current situation there.

Any insight?

yo

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Drug related crimes have increased considerable in the past two years. There is a war going on between cartels (for territory) and between them and the government. Combine that with corruption, poverty and lack of education, and you get a nice recipe for insecurity.

Some regions have more risks than others, like those along the border, and of course the big cities like Mexico City, Monterrey and Guadalajara. Kidnapping is definitely a big concern right now practically everywhere.

That being said, I don't think tourists have that much risks over locals. Sure, you don't know the place and you draw attention to yourself, as any tourist does in any foreign country, but if you use common sense (don't flash jewelery on the streets, keep away from dangerous neighbourhoods, pay attention to your surroundings, have a low profile, etc) you'll be fine.

Also, try not to buy drugs. Get them from friends you make and such, but stay away from drug dealers.

(oh, and everything you've heard about the water is true)