Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do you speak physics

awesome .. casanova am not a physicist or anything . do you think am completly wrong ?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    An interesting feature of gravitons in string theory is that, as closed strings without endpoints, they would not be bound to branes and could move freely between them
    it could be possible that the spacetime fabric curvature comes close enough for the gravitons to interact during the collapsing of a star ?
    Last edited by anoneemuse; 11-05-2008 at 11:20 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    .. triple post
    Last edited by anoneemuse; 11-05-2008 at 11:15 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    our big bang and our universe could be one among millions of other big bangs in the membrane

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Last edited by anoneemuse; 11-05-2008 at 11:13 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    The big bang was just another cosmic fart

7. Lounge   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Dear Theoretical Physicist:

My best friend is more "developed" than I am on top, and the guys pay way more attention to her, even though she's got the personality of a crouton.
    What is going on?

—Kimberly F., Upper East Side

Dear Kimberly:

One possible answer is that breasts are composed of some kind of superdense material, such as that found at the center of a collapsed star. Such a concentration of mass would have the effect of warping space-time in the vicinity of the breast, causing less massive objects, such as men, to gravitate towards it.
    This theory would also account for the fact that most women are not attracted to other women's breasts (due to the inertial mass of their own breasts), and we can speculate that lesbianism may be primarily a question of aberrant breast density.
    However, while the supermassive breast theory ( S.B.T.) does an adequate job of explaining the attraction phenomenon, it leaves certain questions unanswered, such as why the men who are attracted by the breasts are not then sucked into them and pulverized by their enormous gravity.

—TP

8. Lounge   -   #18
    i found something yesterday which is similar to what i had in my mind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Smolin

theory (also called cosmological natural selection theory) of cosmology advanced by Lee Smolin suggests that the rules of biology apply on the grandest scales, and is often referred to as "cosmological natural selection". Smolin summarized the idea in a book aimed at a lay audience called The Life of the Cosmos (ISBN 0-19-510837-X). The theory surmises that a collapsing black hole causes the emergence of a new universe on the "other side", whose fundamental constant parameters (speed of light, Planck length and so forth) may differ slightly from those of the universe where the black hole collapsed. Each universe therefore gives rise to as many new universes as it has black holes. Thus the theory contains the evolutionary ideas of "reproduction" and "mutation" of universes, but has no direct analogue of natural selection. However, given any universe that can produce black holes that successfully spawn new universes, it is possible that some number of those universes will reach heat death with unsuccessful parameters. So, in a sense, fecundity cosmological natural selection is one where universes could die off before successfully reproducing, just as any biological being can die without having children

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    The big bang was just another cosmic fart
    How did it smell ?
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. Lounge   -   #20
    like your mom , in a much smaller scale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast