Thread: What options do I have?

Hey guys, I'd just like to see what options are available to me in regards to a seedbox. I've dabbled in cheap VPS servers such as Leeware, Tzulo, and currently seedbox.fr. Leeware and Tzulo were good, but I am finding seedbox.fr speeds a bit poor and tbh I hate the Torrentflux interface. I live in New Zealand, so I can't get an OVH server (not that I'd really want to anymore, after reading all these bad posts about them).

I'd just like to know what kind of money I'd pay for a decent server.

All I need is the following:

minimum 15gb hdd space
    100mbps
    non-Torrentflux i.e a Utorrent WebUI

I dont really care about FTP speeds. One of the things I am looking for is decent speed. I hate jumping on to new torrents hoping to be able to seed them, and then finding that once I am done I am the 9th seeder . I guess this is because of my poor fluctuating speeds. Are servers hosted in the USA better in regards to speeds, as opposed to ones hosted in Europe?

Also, what part of year is the best for a seedbox? Ya know, when all the new movie releases come out?
    Last edited by 3rddegree; 11-05-2008 at 11:46 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    try hosting-ie vps , i think it's your best and cheapest choice atm .

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Or a lease web cheapy for 29euros.
    Only 2tb but good quality bw.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    So basically around 30 euro is what I should expect to pay for a decent server? have Hosting Ie gotten better? I've heard some horror stories. Wow, 29 euro leaseweb server. That's pretty sweet. Dont think I could ever use 160gb ^_^. In regards to server location, does it matter if its USA or Europe?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Depends really.
    For the best ftp speed you want it nearer to ur location.
    So if ur in us then us is a good choice.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I don't care about FTP speeds. Since I am in New Zealand, I will get slow (500kB/s or so) speeds. I just mean for upload/download speeds. Since torrents I get will be uploaded by people with 100mbps/1gbps servers, I'd like to make the most of it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I would choose a European server being as almost all seedboxes are Leaseweb, OVH, Hosting-Ie (keyweb), Vectoral.. so on.

Not many boxes are US. But yes, bandwidth is cheaper in Europe so you'll get a better deal on a European server compared to a US server.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    edit*
    Last edited by Kuttichan; 11-06-2008 at 07:37 AM.