Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Astraweb & Pan

Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Cool that you guys both like sabnzbd now. It really is a great cross platform software. I use it on my laptop on all 3 operating systems. Just checked CPU usage, it uses less than 15% of my CPU downloading 4 threads, and the CPU is throttled at minimum (0.8Ghz).

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Yeah, I've really been testing Sabnzbd these past few days, and I have defintely found my new newsreader. I can't believe I never tried it on a Windows, guess I was just too hooked on alt.binz. I like it more than alt.binz now.

I wonder how the devs got it to use such low resources. I also wonder if it's as lite on Windows.

Thanks for that FF plugin. I'llgive it a shot and see how it is. And Repository, that is different than the one you helped me with in pm isn't? The one that I couldn't find because it was hiding in Origins?

It must be different since I think the one I'm talking about doesn't update itself in Synaptics like this one.
    Yes this is a different source all together. After you add it and update the list sabnzbdplus and 3 skins will be added to synaptic., from there you can install, uninstall and when sab is updated it will let you know so you can upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Cool that you guys both like sabnzbd now. It really is a great cross platform software. I use it on my laptop on all 3 operating systems. Just checked CPU usage, it uses less than 15% of my CPU downloading 4 threads, and the CPU is throttled at minimum (0.8Ghz).
    It uses anywhere from 10-20 % cpu downloading 20 threads on my machine, and about 15 meg of ram or less. Truly the lightest reader I have found yet for Ubuntu.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 11-18-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123