Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clean Registry

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    when i uninstall stuff like office xp, all the registry settings are still there. it's annoying, especially if ur trying to do a clean reintall or something. how do i clear out the registy settings after i uninstall a program?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    wait, nvm. i see the regcleaner does wat i'm asking for. ok. sory bout that

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Try this link Registry Tools, the one i use is
    or this

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Norton use to have a program called Norton Uninstaller, but i haven't seen it in years. That program was the best for this, also u'd be able to backup an installation and put it on another computer, like making another copy of the program and it would work perfectly. (if anyone knows or hears about where i can get, let me know.)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I been using a program called Total Uninstall. If you installed the program thru this program it will uninstall the registry setting that was created durning the install. The only problem is that it will not work for dated programs..

you con get it Here

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Registry Detective allows to pinpoint for registry entries and then delete them. Its free.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    registry mechanic

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by nikita69@7 September 2003 - 19:39
    Norton use to have a program called Norton Uninstaller, but i haven't seen it in years. That program was the best for this, also u'd be able to backup an installation and put it on another computer, like making another copy of the program and it would work perfectly. (if anyone knows or hears about where i can get, let me know.)
    I think that is now called "clean sweep" I do not know about the reverse (backing it up well) but it is too completely remove the program and all things pointing to it.

Not very well I may add, and ever so slow.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Not very well I may add, and ever so slow.
    Were you using 2003?? Mine works just fine, not slow at all, mate. I bought norton system works 2003 profession edition and it was worth the $90 I paid for it. It has many useful features, clean sweep is just one of them. Within the clean sweep tab, you can choose "uninstall wizard" and it uninstalls programs and lets you see what files point to what before you actually uninstall. The only catch is you can only pick "windows programs" "dos programs" "dll files" and "programs". The "backup wizard" is the one that backups up programs in this version.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i've used cleansweep from norton before. but the unintall takes like 1 hr to scan my comp first, and it freezes every time. but now that my new comp has arrived, i'll just throw this one in the basement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast