Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Barack Hussein Obama - 44th US President

pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Alright the electoral college thing I read somewhere i guess it's a point of view. I am not the biggest fan of Bush( I did vote for him twice) but C'mon now he is not to blame for everything that every went wrong in the country during his term. The economy is in NO WAY his fault. This is the fault of greedy lenders and corporate greed in general. People always call him dumb but they said the same of Reagan and now we realize that his "Reaganomics" actually worked and in conjunction of the DotCom boom made Clinton seem to the ignorant like he was the best pres ever because times were good. Clinton did nothing for us. He was a great public speaker surely, but so are used car salesmen. He stepped in shit and rode the wave like everyone else. I feel bad for Obama as the nation will be fucked for prob another 5-10 years but it's no ones fault just the rise and fall of our economy. I saw a financial analyst on TV the other day who made some sense. He showed that even though we are all in a panic and the the market is falling ATM we are still way above where we were before the dotcom boom and people just need to stop panicing. I think he had a good point but I myself lost around $30K from my pension so it's scary but what exactly do you think Obama is going to do about this? Print more money? So we can be like the Chinese where a pack of gum costs $200,000
    So everything good that happened in this country after Reagan was his miracle touch?
    Reagan lowered the taxes from the rich and the middle class started going to hell, paying more and more of the burden, more and more of the middle class desapaired and homelessness become a thing of his presidence.
    He sold drugs in america to finance the contras in Nicaragua, sold weapons to Iran an enemy of the United States, you can say all you want that it was Oliver North and maybe it was, but if the president doesn't know what's going on in the country, then he didn't deserve to be president.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Google it, you will find out.
    I'll get right on that.
    Meanwhile, how about you look up the definition of "majority".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Google it, you will find out.
    I'll get right on that.
    Meanwhile, how about you look up the definition of "majority".
    Ok not the majority but many. Is that better?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    惡魔的提倡者
    Bush doesn't know what he is, he is just a retard...
    never mind
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 11-19-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: can't be bothered

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Alright the electoral college thing I read somewhere i guess it's a point of view. I am not the biggest fan of Bush( I did vote for him twice) but C'mon now he is not to blame for everything that every went wrong in the country during his term. The economy is in NO WAY his fault. This is the fault of greedy lenders and corporate greed in general. People always call him dumb but they said the same of Reagan and now we realize that his "Reaganomics" actually worked and in conjunction of the DotCom boom made Clinton seem to the ignorant like he was the best pres ever because times were good. Clinton did nothing for us. He was a great public speaker surely, but so are used car salesmen. He stepped in shit and rode the wave like everyone else. I feel bad for Obama as the nation will be fucked for prob another 5-10 years but it's no ones fault just the rise and fall of our economy. I saw a financial analyst on TV the other day who made some sense. He showed that even though we are all in a panic and the the market is falling ATM we are still way above where we were before the dotcom boom and people just need to stop panicing. I think he had a good point but I myself lost around $30K from my pension so it's scary but what exactly do you think Obama is going to do about this? Print more money? So we can be like the Chinese where a pack of gum costs $200,000
    So everything good that happened in this country after Reagan was his miracle touch?
    Reagan lowered the taxes from the rich and the middle class started going to hell, paying more and more of the burden, more and more of the middle class desapaired and homelessness become a thing of his presidence.
    He sold drugs in america to finance the contras in Nicaragua, sold weapons to Iran an enemy of the United States, you can say all you want that it was Oliver North and maybe it was, but if the president doesn't know what's going on in the country, then he didn't deserve to be president.
    No no you misunderstand. No single man could have a miracle touch to think otherwise would be ignorant. What a president does for us with his time is usually not seen while he is still in office. It takes years and years for the general public to reap any benefits set in motion by the commander in chief.

I'm saying that it has become popular to "Bush Bash" and it's not fair. With all the things he is blamed for he cannot possibly be responsible for all of them. So how are we supposed to know which he is actually responsible for if any? I cannot wait to see how this new guy is going to deal with the troubled times ahead and how they will critique him. Although with the majority of media outlets being as liberal as they are, I would think excuses are going to be coming aplenty. Just like when President Clinton LIED UNDER OATH. Sure the majority forgave him and loads of people love him, but the fact is he lied under oath. A serious crime unless you're him I guess. I imagine some will say "If you cheated on your wife would you admit it?" my short answer is i am not the president.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36

No no you misunderstand. No single man could have a miracle touch to think otherwise would be ignorant. What a president does for us with his time is usually not seen while he is still in office. It takes years and years for the general public to reap any benefits set in motion by the commander in chief.

I'm saying that it has become popular to "Bush Bash" and it's not fair. With all the things he is blamed for he cannot possibly be responsible for all of them. So how are we supposed to know which he is actually responsible for if any? I cannot wait to see how this new guy is going to deal with the troubled times ahead and how they will critique him. Although with the majority of media outlets being as liberal as they are, I would think excuses are going to be coming aplenty. Just like when President Clinton LIED UNDER OATH. Sure the majority forgave him and loads of people love him, but the fact is he lied under oath. A serious crime unless you're him I guess. I imagine some will say "If you cheated on your wife would you admit it?" my short answer is i am not the president.
    Clinton had sex, he was relax the country was doing great, I don't care if the president has sex in the oval office or in the Lincoln room, I could care less, but Bush lied to the world about Iraq, he sent houndreds of thousands of kids to fight and die for nothing and he is still lying, and we didn't win any wars and we never will, the middle east is another vietnan.
    Bush cut taxes for the rich and the middle class has to pay more, trillions of dollars for the wars, there is not money for education at home, tax brakes for corporations that take jobs overseas, that is unamerican.
    He is bankrupting the country, the chinese, saudi arabia, Venezuela are buying our debt, we own them trillions, we can't pay. Do you want more stuff for the things bush has done?
    Again if you or the president have sex with anyone, I could care less, at least Clinton didn't send kids to die for a lie.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    What a president does for us with his time is usually not seen while he is still in office. It takes years and years for the general public to reap any benefits set in motion by the commander in chief.
    Maybe it does take "years and years" to become aware of the benefits brought to us by the Bush administration (I personally don't see any but I'm being generous this morning) but it sure didn't take long to see the downside, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Detale
    I'm saying that it has become popular to "Bush Bash" and it's not fair. With all the things he is blamed for he cannot possibly be responsible for all of them. So how are we supposed to know which he is actually responsible for if any?
    What do you mean "if any"?
    The man (self-described as "The Decider") was President for eight years, if we can't hold him responsible for the state of the union then what's the point of having a President at all?
    During one of the most tumultuous eras in American history, Bush has set a record for vacation days, beating the former record of Ronald Reagan...apparently Republicans venerate their Presidents in direct proportion to their absence.
    Point being, if the head of the company you work for drove said company into bankruptcy, laid you off and did it all while on vacation, would you be so kindly predisposed towards him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale
    with the majority of media outlets being as liberal as they are, I would think excuses are going to be coming aplenty.
    Ah, the old "liberal media bias" excuse.
    Talk radio is overwhelmingly conservative- assuming you consider Limbaugh and O'Reilly to be "conservative" instead of bloviating assclowns.

We'll see if "what you think" comes to pass, excuse-wise.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Ahhh, ok guys I'm not really taking a side here, I'm just saying things aren't as simple as you are trying to make them seem. "Oh bush did this" "Oh bush is a moron" These things are easy to say from our point of view. Do you guys honestly think that we have all the information? Do you think we know more than the President does? So without all the facts how can we say he is making bad descisions? I'm sure we can all agree that things go on in our country without the general population knowing about it. Without all the facts how can anyone make an informed descision?

Again as you said Pent, you didn't car because times were good. Just because you didn't care doesn't mean that nothing was wrong. The man lied, he broke the Law. As far as I know Bush hasn't broken any laws. He didn't lie he was misinformed, should he have gotten a better source of info, Sure.

@ Clocker
    "if any", sorry didin't mean to write that But as far as vacation days go, dude you know as well as I that the president is never really on vacation. He doesn't even have any time off. If something happens at 4AM he gets woken up. So the whole vacation day thing is moot really.

I'll give you this, for some reason I never think of radio outlets, Good one. I'm not sure on the statistics but I would bet that generally more people watch TV then listen to political radio shows. Again don't get me wrong I'm not a Limbaugh guy nor an O'Riley man. Truth be told I did used to watch O'Riley and I did like him when he first started getting big. He did used to let the other side speak and I enjoyed both views, I did. Then he changed I guess things got to his head and he talks over the guest and gets nasty with them and thats not something I like at all. So I don't watch anymore.

We can have different views without getting nasts and resorting to name calling. I mean this is not only on the Republican side either. Hoyer pretty much said when Bush was reelected that the Dem majority would block ANY and ALL bills he would try and pass. This is counterproductive to our country also.

My whole point here is that things aren't as simple as "I'm right and you're wrong" no matter what side you're on. Debating facts doesn't mean anything because we are all basing out opinions on what we are told/read/hear which is mostly all bullshit anyway.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    D., your theory gives a free pass to every politician for every/anything they do- the "I'm privy to info you're not" is a universal Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card.
    This would have to extend to your cited example of Hoyer, BTW...he knows stuff you don't, so you can't call him out either.

Certainly, given the Bush predilection for spreading false/misleading info, I can see why you would think that everything we are "told/read/hear is mostly bullshit" but guess what?- time was when the public wasn't lied to and talked down to.
    Maybe that time will return.
    I for one certainly hope so.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Meanwhile, on the news front:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454536,00.html

Maybe Barry ought to give him a ring and negotiate a non-rancorous working relationship, and maybe exchange hummus recipes.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast