2. Games   -   #72
    good game!

3. Games   -   #73
    ringo9500's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    very good game

4. Games   -   #74
    Just finished it, AWESOME GAME ended to shortly :{

5. Games   -   #75
    argh ! the game has slowly taken over my life since moving house...I started it on PC...moved to Xbox and am awaiting my free copy on PC from a game store before i continue @-@

Impressions from it...it's a very large game/easy to get lost if you have a very bad sense of direction..even if you do have a compass ^^' took me over an hour to find the scrapyard...
    And i love the games ability to save just before i'm about to die...so i can retry the area another 50 times frustrated >_>d

Love it...and can't wait to get my full copy and try the dlc

6. Games   -   #76
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    fallout 3 is oblivion +10. im playing right now and havent enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

It basically fixed everything about oblivion i didn't like, and added in an awesome environment with my favorite genre of game, shooters.
    the quests are fantastic, and never feel old. everything feels fresh, even after almost 3 days of me playing nonstop. the difficulty is just right, a bit harder than
    most games IMO, which i usually find too easy. the hardest difficulty is also more balanced. add in awesome dungeons like librarys, walmarts, coke fatories, citys, rural
    areas, gas statons, metros, all post apocalyptic.

PLAY THIS GAME
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 02-18-2009 at 05:37 PM.

7. Games   -   #77
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Pretty good game if you forget about Fallout 1 or 2;i like most the apocaliptic world as desing and atmosphere thats what hold you to play this otherwise the rpg and shooter part got a lot of flaws.

8. Games   -   #78
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 were by most critics great for it's time.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 02-19-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    [center]

9. Games   -   #79
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Pretty good game if you forget about Fallout 1 or 2;i like most the apocaliptic world as desing and atmosphere thats what hold you to play this otherwise the rpg and shooter part got a lot of flaws.

I don't think it has a lot of flaws. I think the role playing aspect was done really, really well. The shooting aspect isn't meant to be like a typical fps, so if you're expecting that you will be disappointed. You are meant to make use of Vats pretty often, reminds of mass effect really, where it's not so much about reflexes and fps skill, but how well you've designed your character. I personally spend most of my time out of VATS, with an automatic rifle or Lincolns repeater, just to keep up the pace and add some difficulty.

My main qualm is with sniping. I can seem to get good headshots lined up from far away, and if you hit their body it's unlikely you'll kill them, and guaranteed you'll alert the camp. They should have either had an advanced vats for sniping, or fixed the damage + crit outside of vats. sniper is fine from mid range (with headshots) but at that range id rather use lincoln's repeater.

The enemy AI can also detect you fromr eally far away unless you're sneaking. a lot of the times they wont show up on your radar before it's too late, so meh (at least for a pereption of 7)
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 02-19-2009 at 06:40 PM.

10. Games   -   #80
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Skillz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post

I don't think it has a lot of flaws. I think the role playing aspect was done really, really well. The shooting aspect isn't meant to be like a typical fps, so if you're expecting that you will be disappointed. You are meant to make use of Vats pretty often, reminds of mass effect really, where it's not so much about reflexes and fps skill, but how well you've designed your character. I personally spend most of my time out of VATS, with an automatic rifle or Lincolns repeater, just to keep up the pace and add some difficulty.

My main qualm is with sniping. I can seem to get good headshots lined up from far away, and if you hit their body it's unlikely you'll kill them, and guaranteed you'll alert the camp. They should have either had an advanced vats for sniping, or fixed the damage + crit outside of vats. sniper is fine from mid range (with headshots) but at that range id rather use lincoln's repeater.

The enemy AI can also detect you fromr eally far away unless you're sneaking. a lot of the times they wont show up on your radar before it's too late, so meh (at least for a pereption of 7)

If you can get a perk called "Light Step" and you can run and it doesn't take in effect for the enemy seeing you unless you right on them I can be fairly close and kneel down and be in full stealth without a stealth boy.... I'm at 100 right now with stealth suit and playing on very hard. And it's very easy to snipe, not without VATS from far away, but it's doable. You can wear "gear" to make you perception go up...ie..hat,bobbelheads, etc...

Just visit the Fallout 3 Wikia
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 02-19-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    [center]

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast