Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Outlook Express Problem

I don't know why Microsoft would've found this feature handy, but it's really annoying. My friends send me attachments and Outlook Express gives me this: I mean, the subject and attachment match what is going on in my life (not something like 'reply to your letter' or 'business sheet&#39 and I can't open them now! Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by downloader2008@4 September 2003 - 15:46
    I don't know why Microsoft would've found this feature handy, but it's really annoying. My friends send me attachments and Outlook Express gives me this: I mean, the subject and attachment match what is going on in my life (not something like 'reply to your letter' or 'business sheet&#39 and I can't open them now! Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature?
    tools> options> security

Under the virus protection area, uncheck the box that reads "Do not allow attachments to be opened or saved that could potentially be a virus". Click "apply" then "ok" and close Outlook Express. Re-open the program and you should be able to now read any attachment sent including ones from mail that you have already received.

This is an annoying option, I agree. But it is all part of their default security measurements to protect windows from the ever-growing rise in malicious code being distributed and executed via junk mail.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks for the help!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Izagaia+4 September 2003 - 16:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Izagaia @ 4 September 2003 - 16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-downloader2008@4 September 2003 - 15:46
    I don&#39;t know why Microsoft would&#39;ve found this feature handy, but it&#39;s really annoying. My friends send me attachments and Outlook Express gives me this: I mean, the subject and attachment match what is going on in my life (not something like &#39;reply to your letter&#39; or &#39;business sheet&#39 and I can&#39;t open them now&#33; Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature?
    tools> options> security

Under the virus protection area, uncheck the box that reads "Do not allow attachments to be opened or saved that could potentially be a virus". Click "apply" then "ok" and close Outlook Express. Re-open the program and you should be able to now read any attachment sent including ones from mail that you have already received.

This is an annoying option, I agree. But it is all part of their default security measurements to protect windows from the ever-growing rise in malicious code being distributed and executed via junk mail. [/b][/quote]
    good one i had to figure that damn thing out myself long time ago, funny thing was i kept trying to uninstall the outlook but ofcourse its not possible

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    good one i had to figure that damn thing out myself long time ago, funny thing was i kept trying to uninstall the outlook but ofcourse its not possible
    Speaking of which musleman, i haven&#39;t been able to find a way that express uninstall itself. One time i had clean registry and delete the folders all together. Hmmmm.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by nikita69@7 September 2003 - 19:19
    Speaking of which musleman, i haven&#39;t been able to find a way that express uninstall itself. One time i had clean registry and delete the folders all together. Hmmmm.
    Hey man thata a neat siginature

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    so is urs, i&#39;m wondering thou, have they????

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Outlook Express is catergorized as a "component" of the windows OS. You really cannot uninstall altogether completely, however you can come pretty damn close to it by going to:

control panel> add or remove programs> add or remove windows components

Uncheck OE. It may ask for your XP start up/install CD. Reboot.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    anyone know how to get microsoft outlook to stop this feature too. only way I know is to always have the attachments zipped. there is no option to enable/disable from what I&#39;ve seen.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 September 2003 - 15:58

This might help, Musleman.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast