Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd On Xp

I'm having a problem playing DVDs on my computer. I had an older Compaq and Windows 95 and never had a problem, now with a new CP and Windows Xp nothing works. I don't believe it's a feature missing on the CP, just something XP doesn't have. I want to know if it is my CP or XP Should I buy a DVD program or even download one?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Can your cd-rom drive read dvd's?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by vash444@8 September 2003 - 01:35
    Yes, now that I've been messing with things, it can not play music. Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there may be a problem with your sound or video device. Try installing a new device driver.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by vash444@8 September 2003 - 02:35
    Good point, also windows does not come with a codec to read dvd's you do not need to instaall codecs for Windows media to be able to play dvd's. I beleive that there is one in the k-lite codec pac, or download power dvd (that is the name of the program by cyberlink i think) any decoder will work.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I can play dvd's just fine on my computer and I also have windows xp(proffesional).My WMP plays them flawless and without installing any codecs for it!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by JayHova@8 September 2003 - 01:53
    I can play dvd's just fine on my computer and I also have windows xp(proffesional).My WMP plays them flawless and without installing any codecs for it!
    so rub it in

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    use DVD poweramp XP

8. Movies & TV   -   #8

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    BANNED
    get your self the klite codec pack and use the bsplayer and you will never have a problem again

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    mine also works fine xp home and poweredvd (which media player needs for the codecs) do you have a dvd player program on your machine?, if so then its most probably a hardware fault

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast