Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why has HDBits banned Eureka?

Quote Originally Posted by czlada View Post
    Eureka its internal bit-hdtv group !!
    Is this definitely the reason, because I thought HDBits did used to allow Eureka encodes. I was under the impression that they have only recently banned Eureka, or maybe I'm mistaken.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kelfa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Eureka is bit-hdtv top encoders...THey dont wan't the two sites swapping encodes of their internals.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kelfa View Post
    Eureka is bit-hdtv top encoders...THey dont wan't the two sites swapping encodes of their internals.
    so quality-wise, disregarding size of rips, are there esir/ctrlhd gang or eureka better?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Eureka is better for 1080p content hands down

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If that was the case you wouldnt see any hdbits internal releases at bit-hdtv
    But we all know thats not the case.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Eureka is better for 1080p content hands down
    quantity-wise or quality? i know they've got quite alot of 1080p, which sometimes ctrlhd/esir don't put out, but i've never actually compared screens. maybe I should give Eureka a shot?
    Last edited by athenaesword; 11-14-2008 at 02:35 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    kelfa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I will put a few side by side and take a look at which is better quality. I know those Eureka rips are large tho, usually 11-14gb for a 1080p with a very high bitrate. Good thing they are all dxva compatible. Only thing that sucks is you cant back them up to dvdr-dl.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I will put a few side by side and take a look at which is better quality. I know those Eureka rips are large tho, usually 11-14gb for a 1080p with a very high bitrate. Good thing they are all dxva compatible. Only thing that sucks is you cant back them up to dvdr-dl.
    I think it's a good thing people are starting to break away from burning DVDs. with the number of movies I have on the computer, I'd prolly need quite a few hundred DVDs. besides, hdds are so cheap now. just dump em all in there.... it's not like the DVD can playback HD anyway.

so I really don't care if they fit into DVDs.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    AMnesko's Avatar The Comedian BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    If that was the case you wouldnt see any hdbits internal releases at bit-hdtv
    But we all know thats not the case.
    I think this whole conflict between HDbits and Bit-HDTV is just a waste of time. EuReKa releases are very good, and they were popular and respected when HDbits still had them. But now that the site banned them, they suck all the sudden. I think HDbits have the wrong attitude regarding this matter. After all, isn`t having the best release, regardless of it`s name, the whole point? Or what? We should disconsider all other releases that might be better just because they do not have ESiR or CtrlHD written on them? No, man, that`s not how you`re supposed to think. Quality before the brand!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    if eureka's rips ended up on hdbits there'd really be no point of having bit-hdtv lol.
    that's the reason

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast