Thread: leaseweb

does anyone know if leaseweb charges for bandwidth overage or they shut you off at your limits? I just set up a server today and would love to know if I need to keep tidy track of bandwidth... Thanks in advance!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    They charge you .10 Euro per GB overage. They also only track 95% of your usage by ignoring the top 5% of all peaks or something complicated like that.

They keep good track on your customer page with nice charts and all. Great service and really nice staff.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i would suggest using your own bandwidth monitor to monitor your traffic.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Just dont use ur own details.
    1st ever server i had was a leaseweb and went over by around 1.2 tb.
    Never heard anything from them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No, GB and 95 percentile are two different things.

If your bandwidth is limited, such as 2TB, then if you go over, you will be charged .10 Euro per GB like bt234 stated.

But if you have unmetered b/w, example 10mbps on a 100mbit port, that is when 95 percentile applies.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DVito View Post
    No, GB and 95 percentile are two different things.

If your bandwidth is limited, such as 2TB, then if you go over, you will be charged .10 Euro per GB like bt234 stated.

But if you have unmetered b/w, example 10mbps on a 100mbit port, that is when 95 percentile applies.
    I thought that the 95% thing still applies, my chart always calculated a 95% bw thing and I don't feel like finding their faq answer again, but I'm sure it applied to limited bandwith. They don't count the top 5% peaks when they check the status every 5 minutes.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    As mentioned, they charge for overage. And the 95% thing doesn't apply for your package.

If you look at the other packages they have, there are some that have a "bandwidth" limit (meaning, they measure your average transfer RATE, and charge you on your rate). The type of package you have (and I as well) has a "data transfer volume" limit (meaning, they measure total data is transfered, and charge you on the amount).

When you look at the Datatraffic graphs, there are graphs for both measurements (one is the bandwidth graph, the other is the data transfer volume graph). Only the data transfer volume graph makes a difference on your bill. But both graphs are viewable for reference.

Unfortunately, the data volume graph is only updated every 24 hours (bandwith graph is every 5 minutes). So it's harder to keep track of your usage. So I installed vnstat to monitor my traffic.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thanks for all the insight i am monitoring through vnstat as well and that seems to be working out well as it updates every 5 min. Thanks again for the help/insight.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Oops. :blush:

I paid for overage for each month I used it...just a few euro though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    maldini 3's Avatar Go ahead make my day BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well they don't shut the server off untill the next invoice !
    mean if you passed the 2Tb BW they don't ask you untill the next month.
    Tu va chez les femmes, n'oublie pas ton FOUET !