Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question on PC temperatures!

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, good luck.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    With the exception of the CM Stacker (the original, not all the gawdawful variants that followed), I've never seen a case that came stock with decent aircooling.
    Antec 900 FTW!!

@Stoi did you remove the cpu cooler to see if it's making contact with the Chip??
    Last edited by Detale; 11-14-2008 at 06:36 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    With the exception of the CM Stacker (the original, not all the gawdawful variants that followed), I've never seen a case that came stock with decent aircooling.
    Antec 900 FTW!!

@Stoi did you remove the cpu cooler to see if it's making contact with the Chip??
    I have never touched that part of it, and dont really want to tbh, anything i touch seems to blow up lol and i have never done anything like that before, so putting off for as long as i can (after i get a new pc preferably lol)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Josh's Avatar QX9650 @ 4.02Ghz
    Glad to hear things seem to be getting better stoi

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

Antec 900 FTW!!

I have never touched that part of it, and dont really want to tbh, anything i touch seems to blow up lol and i have never done anything like that before, so putting off for as long as i can (after i get a new pc preferably lol)
    Build you own man!!! we can coach you it's easy as pie bro.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i was planning to, but tbh, the parts I was looking at, are very very expensive, may as well just keep this as it plays everything fine (when it doesnt BSOD that is).

I am not going to pay £800-£1300 for 1 CPU thats for sure, or £400 for a mobo. which tbh are not "that" much better than this.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    No they're not, you have some orsum HW there man, Shirley. I mis read your post I thought you said you were getting a new PC, you certainly don't need one for a while. Maybe just do a re-install that usually fixes all the small headaches for me

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Well it does look like resetting the mobo or the new gfx driver worked for the BSOD not 1 crash in 72 hours, usually its 5 a day at least. so hopefully i wont need to reinstall.

I just need to play a game for a couple of hours, and that will tell me for sure.

as for a new PC, I may just add onto this one.

I have got 8gig of OCZ Reaper X HPC PC26400 ram (4* 2 gig sticks) just sitting here, but i cant install it as it wont fit into my mobo, i need the next mobo up so it will fit, the huge heatsinks on them is the problem.

So what i may do it, Buy a case, I am looking at these cases

Thermaltake Armour VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Windowed Case
    Antec 1200 Twelve Hundred Full Tower Case
    Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower Case - High Air Flow Design
    Coolermaster Cosmos S Black
    Lian Li PC-80B ArmorSuit Black Aluminium Full Tower Case - 12x 5.25\" Bays
    Lian Li PC-X2000

A good PSU no idea which one.

A better Mobo to fit this ram

Keep the CPU

Keep the HDDs, but buy more depending on case i get.

and get another 8800GTX and SLI them

but it will be buy 1 thing every 2 months or so, so it will be xmas next year when it is finished at the earliest lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    just one thing, have u rose your PCI-E frequency from 100 to 101 ? many times it solves those compatibility problems.

one more thing that came to my mind: do you have the latest BIOS version installed in your mobo ?
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-15-2008 at 07:04 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    The 1200 is also a good case, the antec 900 being my second favorite next to the Silverstone TJ07 , but do you really need a full atx tower? It's HUGE if you don't why not get the antec 900

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast