Thread: Windows Xp Acting Crazy

I am about to pull my hair out. I opened up my psp saved a graphic closed it, then prepared to upload it thru my FTP. I clicked on My Documents and my ENTIRE My Pictures folder was DELETED. GOne. As if nothing had ever been saved there. I went to the Recycle Bin to see if it was there and it wasn't. I then Restored my system to last friday and still nothing. I lost so much work and I have no idea what to do. Furthermore how can I prevent this from ever happening again?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    try a recovery program to recover it back, but i don't know what caused your problem

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Scan for viruses and check the running processes for anything unusual.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Slave83@7 September 2003 - 21:35
    I am about to pull my hair out. I opened up my psp saved a graphic closed it, then prepared to upload it thru my FTP. I clicked on My Documents and my ENTIRE My Pictures folder was DELETED. GOne. As if nothing had ever been saved there. I went to the Recycle Bin to see if it was there and it wasn't. I then Restored my system to last friday and still nothing. I lost so much work and I have no idea what to do. Furthermore how can I prevent this from ever happening again?
    Sounds like theres no way to get it all back, but if you uploaded alot of it to a server you can get it from there. Sorry that that happen tho.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+8 September 2003 - 07:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 8 September 2003 - 07:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Slave83@7 September 2003 - 21:35
    I am about to pull my hair out. I opened up my psp saved a graphic closed it, then prepared to upload it thru my FTP. I clicked on My Documents and my ENTIRE My Pictures folder was DELETED. GOne. As if nothing had ever been saved there. I went to the Recycle Bin to see if it was there and it wasn&#39;t. I then Restored my system to last friday and still nothing. I lost so much work and I have no idea what to do. Furthermore how can I prevent this from ever happening again?
    Sounds like theres no way to get it all back, but if you uploaded alot of it to a server you can get it from there. Sorry that that happen tho. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks. I did everything you guys mentioned and none of it got all my stuff back. I just wanna know i&#39;m on a university network, do you think maybe I was hacked? Cause I heard XP has a backdoor that allows hackers access to ur comp and files. Overall this is very irritating though. If it were a hacker I&#39;m sure he/she would do more than delete my My PIctures folder tho.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    You&#39;ll have to forgive me if these are dumb questions, but I&#39;m not althat familliar with windows xp. Does xp support the hidden folders option? is it possible that this is whats happened?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    i was going to say that lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    to show hidden folders, go into a folder, click tools>folder options>view then check the "show hidden files and folders" button
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tried the hidden folders thing and still didn&#39;t work. Thanks for tryin to help guys.