Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BCG With a Difference

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    If no one dares take the dare, then I guess stoi was right about how trustworthy the users in the giveaway section are... or at least how trustworthy other users feel they are.
    Taking a dare is inherently stupid(no offense stoi).I mean the whole concept of any dare is the instigator knows your chance of success is very small.

And you are right anyone I trust probably already has a BCG account except apparently you Blue_Skies.That can be rectified if you like.

I'd take the dare anyway since my account could withstand the penalties but I'd really couldn't stand to be the one to bring in more cheaters.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-22-2008 at 02:53 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #52
    Odin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    OK. That is good rules Stoi. But, I still belive that FST and other simulare forum have some good users that could helped BCG.
    Last edited by Odin; 11-22-2008 at 02:59 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #53
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    If no one dares take the dare, then I guess stoi was right about how trustworthy the users in the giveaway section are... or at least how trustworthy other users feel they are.
    Taking a dare is inherently stupid(no offense stoi).I mean the whole concept of any dare is the instigator knows your chance of success is very small.

And you are right anyone I trust probably already has a BCG account except apparently you Blue_Skies.That can be rectified if you like.

I'd take the dare anyway since my account could withstand the penalties but I really hate to be the one to bring in more cheaters.

Cheaters! - what do you mean? is there really cheaters here at FST?
    I thought all members here were honest, respectable and intelligent.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #54
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well I only said the dare, because the poster said i was talking crap, this giveaway was crap, and her BCG account was crap.

so if everything that she said is crap, what has she/he got to loose.

Apart from being shown up as to how bad this site really is, but then she may get very lucky, and bring in 10 future great members for all i know.

but then i win either way.

she/he brings in 10 scum bags, i am correct.

she/he brings in 10 great members, she/he proved me wrong so won the battle, but I get 10 great new members for BCG so I win the war lol

I cant really loose tbh.

OK. That is good rules Stoi. But, I still belive that FST and other simulare forum have some good users that could helped BCG.
    yes and I already said 25% of them.

Not once did I say every member of FST was scum.

We do not ban members from here, just for being members of here, and yes some trackers do that.

There are a lot worse trackers out there than BCG that have it in for this place, and its members, believe me, most cant believe i am here so often helping people out and answering the same ????? over and over again, on here and my tracker.

and then just because i said that a lot of members from here are not worth the time of day, i get lambasted for it, at least i have the balls to say it, and its true
    Last edited by stoi; 11-22-2008 at 03:13 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #55
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    This sentens ", then be my guest, but on your head be it, i wont bail you out incase you invite some bad ones" is why I never have invited anyone to BCG. First you give us refferals so we can help the community to grow, but then afterwards you "want bail us out" if we ones in a wile invite users who not have the right attitude. Of course you shell help us in these situations. You are the top man of these tracker and you shold be gratefull to those who give new members to the site. As I sad, I have never invited anyone to BCG, becuse I am afraid that you dont want to "bail" me out incase I invite some bad ones".
    and why the hell should he bail you out ? take your own responsibilities and assume them, otherwise don't bother.

and why would he trust you more than anyone else? you're just a user here. so what?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #56
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

I cant really loose tbh.

Thus Spake Zarathustra.

Sorry being needlessly esoteric.
    Amusing no one but myself no doubt.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #57
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I'd take the dare anyway since my account could withstand the penalties but I'd really couldn't stand to be the one to bring in more cheaters.
    The reason I don't have one, is that I simply don't have the patience for big games. Those little flash games on sites, I play a bit at times, but that's it. I am a member of far too many sites, so why add one that I would hardly or maybe even never use.

Last game I actually sat through till the end is SSX3. Nostalgia just hit me

I truly believe it's possible for someone to invite 10 people from here. Just need strict guidelines like:

Profile links and PM on site.
    Registering and posting on a site where I mod and can check IP's.
    Letting the giveaway stay up for a while.
    Only considering people, who aren't most active in invite section. Maybe even only people that have actually posted in the games section before giveaway starts.
    Only people that have been members for a while.

Things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #58
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well you ae not a member so you probably do not know, but we work a lot differently from 99.9% of any other tracker out there.

Now lets say, the poster is an SPU.

Every referral she brings in, will get a 6 gig bonus on upload, she/he also has a 20 gig POT that she can share between them, if she uses it she has to wait a year to use it again.

she can give 20 gig to 1 referral, or 2 gig each to all 10, or any numbers inbetween. but once she uses 1 gig of 500 meg, or all 20 gig at once, she does not get that back for a year.

Now lets say the referrals are like kids in a candy shop.

as soon as they join, they can download 2 torrents, they pick 2 360 games at 7 gig each, but they have 0 leechers.

that is 14 gig downloaded, 6 gig uploaded, thats about a 0.4 ratio

a 0.4 ratio gets you leechwarned, so thats download added to your account.

they download 2 more, they are only allowed 4 at first.

takes them to KL which is 24 hours of not being able to download.

Now after this, once they had seeded those, and got to a 1 ratio either through uploading, or with SP, they can download again, and they have a bit of a buffer to be a bit more carefree with what they download, so after the initial period, they very well may turn out to be very good members.

but that is not what i said, i said if they went into KL or got leechwarned and spoiled her account, which is very likely to happen i am afraid to say.

and i cant believe i am still sitting here writing posts like this at 03:30am lol

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #59
    Odin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

and why the hell should he bail you out ? take your own responsibilities and assume them, otherwise don't bother.

and why would he trust you more than anyone else? you're just a user here. so what?
    Maybe I am an untrusty "user" Cabalo,a user who have done terrible things here in FST. Or have I done some things that make me trustwordy? That is up to people to judge. But, I can not remember that I ever have raist my whoise to you seens I came here, like you did to me right now? or have I?

Btw, why did you say this now and 5 hours ago this:
    [quote=Cabalo;3039398] respect. there are still good people in this torrenting world.
    Last edited by Odin; 11-22-2008 at 03:50 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #60
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well out of the probably 90 (well about 30 of those were TL back in the day before the very strict rules, so them I have mostly no idea about) or so people I have invited to places, not a single one has been banned for cheating and only one for trading , and one has been banned for bad ratio in two places. Ironically an IRL friend.

Well another one was banned for attempted trade elsewhere, but he knows if he continues and I get wind of it, I'll do everything possible to get him banned at one of his favorite trackers, even if it costs me my own account, which I doubt.

Some have been deleted for inactivity, but most range from mediocre to good to brilliant contributing users (whether it's uploading, seeding long times, forum activity, donating or all of the above). Lots of the users I invited, I have to say, are far better users on those respective trackers than I'll ever be.

You say 10 referrals and 6 will end up bad. Given my track record I very much doubt, that I could possible have such a sudden lack of judgment, that I would invite 60% bad users.

note: several of my invitees were unknown ,i.e. not people I know online, and got invited, because I liked something they posted, had a nice discussion about something. or just had a generally good feeling about them.

P.S. This does not mean that I throw invites away like candy. I will probably never do a giveaway unless staff approved (I do that for one site, but not here). Those are more like recruitment threads, not trying to get rid of invites in my account.

P.P.S. Sorry for bringing this thread wayyyy of topic
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 11-22-2008 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Spelling, grammar, forgotten words, structure etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast