Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Me - Needs Help Please :)

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 September 2003 - 21:12
    why is it people find it funny or laugh when some student say they major in art?

i mean what's wrong with art, it's still a major

and people laugh at art students as though they have no future.

We need more artists and not stupid scientists!!!
    I agree - there are too many science folk trying to prove others wrong
    lets all be peaceful and draw stuf
    also im in the uk but thank you for helping anyway - i now know more about the good ol' us

the question also makes sense to me
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by loz@8 September 2003 - 14:13
    no, unless you are not good enought at English (most people are)

Just a little irony there ?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by loz@8 September 2003 - 21:13

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    my english aint too bad but that was just an example another is maths which i definatly will not be taking further

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Double Agent
    being an artist doesn't mean you have to draw stuff, a lot of artists are singers, song composers, musicians, graphic designers, computer animators, and lots of other stuff.

that is what's happening at schools around the world, too many people want to be doctors lawyers, biotech monbo jombos, when in fact they are not fit to do that job at all.

we young people need to think about interests and not "oh will i get a job when i graduate", or "ok i'll major in this because it's hot and i will make lots of money in the future"

dumbassholes

P.S. did you know that 70% of people whose jobs have absolutely nothing to do with what they've learned in college/university?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by gemby!@8 September 2003 - 21:20
    my english aint too bad but that was just an example another is maths which i definatly will not be taking further
    You usually need at least a grade C in Maths & English at GCSE if you don't want to take them at college.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    yeah my history teacher said that
    mayb he was a hippy when he was young ...that has nothing to do with anything

and with james bong rules guy i agree everyone at school wants to get a fancy job that you can tell they are gonna hate but only want it because it pays good

money shouldnt have so much meaning nowadays

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by balamm+8 September 2003 - 21:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (balamm @ 8 September 2003 - 21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-loz@8 September 2003 - 14:13

Just a little irony there ? [/b][/quote]
    That reminds me of a notice delivered to the shop I work in. It was from John Menzies (the newspaper supplier) and read:

Customers please note that due to production problems the Time Litarry Supplement will not be delivered with your order.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i didnt even notice that mistake

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    If you are in the UK you are likely to need to have achieved a pass in English at a fair standard, to get into a decent institution.

However once you get it then it is unlikely that you will have to continue studying it. If you think about it most people do not study English in further education. I sometimes question whether the syudents doing an English degree actually study it.

I would suggest that if you are in Scotland it would be a good idea to get a Higher English. If you are in England then at least get a Good level O Grade, for preference an A level.

I am given to understand that you can do Media Studies at Cardonald College, with only one higher. That is just a rumour tho&#39;.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast