Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning movie files to dvd

I'm new at this. I have AVS Video Converter 6 and I have movie files that I am tring to put on dvd. When I drag the files into converter 6 I get an error message that reads "file fomat error".The movie is picture perfect when I play it on my computer. can this problem be solved? Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    uzer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    first convert it to .vob

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by uzer View Post
    first convert it to .vob
    I'm totally new. What is a .vob and how do I convert it using the AVs Converer 6? Thanks

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by phil52 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uzer View Post
    first convert it to .vob
    I'm totally new. What is a .vob and how do I convert it using the AVs Converer 6? Thanks
    I suggest for you to use the latest version of nero as it gets the job done very well and encoding times are pretty good. When you download nero also download the help files to as they will come in handy and will explain everything you need to know.
    Also if you want to run a seperate encoding program i think mediacoder by far is the best choice.
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 11-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    I would suggest VSO ConvertXtoDVD. You just put the video file or files (more than one if you'd like) and the program converts it and burns it to DVD for you.

The Spirit of Something Greater

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    get winavi thats good 1, altho u might wanna burn in a programme called clone dvd thats awesomely fast!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Most DVDs seem to be able to play AVI files.... you can use ImgBurn ( http://www.imgburn.com/ ) to burn the avi files... that's what I do with all the files I download... much less hassle than converting it and hoping it will look the same.

8. File Sharing   -   #8

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DannyGnXz View Post
    I would suggest VSO ConvertXtoDVD. You just put the video file or files (more than one if you'd like) and the program converts it and burns it to DVD for you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshin View Post
    Most DVDs seem to be able to play AVI files.... you can use ImgBurn ( http://www.imgburn.com/ ) to burn the avi files... that's what I do with all the files I download... much less hassle than converting it and hoping it will look the same.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by traffmeister View Post
    get winavi thats good 1, altho u might wanna burn in a programme called clone dvd thats awesomely fast!!
    Thanks, I have clone and I tried to write what I thought was a file but clone couldn't open the download. Is there something else that needs to be do after downloading a movie to make it readable to copying software?

Quote Originally Posted by traffmeister View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyGnXz View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phil52 View Post
    I suggest for you to use the latest version of nero as it gets the job done very well and encoding times are pretty good. When you download nero also download the help files to as they will come in handy and will explain everything you need to know.
    Also if you want to run a seperate encoding program i think mediacoder by far is the best choice.
    Thanks , I've tried but I'm beggining to think that there is something that I have to do to convert the downloads to files so that these programs that I have will work.
    Last edited by phil52; 11-24-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    net.Gh0st's Avatar wandering:hermit
    great free burning replacement to Nero

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    what is your player?(you wanna write movies on dvd media for play on dvd player?)
    and what type of file format your movies?
    if your movie file type is avi(divx codec) and your media player dvd/divx player you can play movies with "data burned" you dont need to encode ....
    be more specific and we can help more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast