Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Need help picking out parts?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Asus does not list the RAM on their qualified vendor list, but Corsair does guarantee compatibility with that combination. http://www.corsair.com/configurator/...#other_modules Make sure the timings listed match in your BIOS (update, if necessary) and you should be set.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...sXG&templete=2 : All available downloads.

Are you going to run 64-bit? Adobe is quickly moving all of their products in that direction- and require it for After Effects and Premier. I haven't had any trouble finding compatible apps. It was a problem a while back. Anyway, your board can handle up to 16 GB of RAM- would be a shame not to fill the spaces.

I believe you will be very happy with your upgrade!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    quickly
    Get a clue "megabytebme" you are full of it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    They could have moved quicker, but why would they want to move ahead of their customer base, or write for both 32/64 bit? As it is, they are offering Photoshop in both, but the video programs have made the transition.

Anyway, you remind me of my father-in-law...willing to make an "argument" out of a single word.

"Quickly" could also refer to "by the next full version release" in this case. I believe that will be Adobe does- move with their customers.

On a personal note, c0LD...don't you have a Skinhead/Klan rally to attend?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    BANNED
    could
    How about Flash, which has held up the entire 64bit browser market for years? Adobe are THE worst company for 64bit software.
    Last edited by c0ld; 07-24-2010 at 04:44 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    I know there has been a demand for 64 bit Flash, as I have seen complaints posted elsewhere. Personally, I did not make the switch until I saw that there were sufficient programs available to do what I wanted/needed to do. Was there a need or a want regarding the Adobe products? Up to Win7, and Premier/After Effects, I did not need to switch-I was curious, but decided to hold off until the programs I wanted supported 64 bit. I believe I saved myself a lot of headache by waiting.

If anything, I think the 64 bit processors came out earlier than they needed to. It seemed cool, but the cost of RAM was higher (16 GB is still quite expensive) and very few programs truly benefited from the additional (beyond 3 GB) memory.

Think of it as having a car that will do 140 MPH, but not have roadways that allow for that speed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    BANNED
    the cost of RAM was higher (16 GB is still quite expensive)
    Wth? The cost of ram is sky high compared to what is was a few years ago. What are you waffling on about?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Obviously, Adobe did not believe there was a sufficient need. If you don't agree- great. I've always been happy with their products, and they are one of the strongest software companies around. They are going to 64 bit. Maybe not fast enough for you, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them as a company.

We have seen a lot of speed improvements in RAM. Weight that into the cost. Any more than 4 GB exceeds what most consumers want to pay for- they wouldn't have seen any substantial benefits. We still don't need that for browsing... I'm sure that has weighed into Adobe's "lag time".

I've given you more attention and time than you deserve.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    BANNED
    Ah I see, these are your 'butthurt' posts are they? Just incoherent ramblings in which you repeat yourself again and again, and then you finish with a desperate one-liner quip.

Ok, I'll back off, it's the decent thing to do.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Thanks for sparin' me. Your "argument" of, "I want it now" was quite powerful.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Thank you Mega for your help! I guess I'll be happy with the upgrade. Yes, for the first time I'll install a 64bit system but I'm not sure if I'll be buying more ram for now.

AFAIK, for what I do, 4gb is quite enough I think. I'm not going into "movies" so soon. Let me know if I'm wrong thinking this way.

@c0ld: Man, no offense but, I really like Adobe's work. 64bits or not, gosh, I can't imagine my day-to-day work without their apps. And I understand the expectation around a Flash 64bits and therefore a browser 64bits but, who's really waiting for that? And I really doubt that 2% of the worlds internet users miss a 64bits Flash simply because they don't even know what benefits that would bring!

As I'm learning AS3, I would love that, but the end user don't really care. Also, check how many end users has a 64bits OS installed. =/
    Uh, I think this is not the best place to discuss this anyway.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast