Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Clover gives out Timed Invites

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well I dont agree.

as you know I run a torrent site, and the amount of crap we get through the doors is silly.

If we open up dupe accounts, if we give invites/referrals, selling, trading them, bringing in cheaters, just not caring as long as they get what they want (cash or into another tracker).

and the big problem is, its only getting worse, not better, with the more people getting involved in bitorrent, the more idiots we are getting.

tbh i have just put this idea to our staff, if we give 200 members every 6 hours referrals, and we see one on ebay/here/any public forum for giveaway ir trade, it is very easy to track them down, especially if the invites are hard to get, and only a handful of members get them in that time period.

So i think this is a great idea, that hopefully we will be bringing in sometime in the future, because i am sick of getting crap.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    tbh i have just put this idea to our staff, if we give 200 members every 6 hours referrals, and we see one on ebay/here/any public forum for giveaway ir trade, it is very easy to track them down, especially if the invites are hard to get, and only a handful of members get them in that time period.
    Good idea. It will definitely help but it will not solve any major problems. Out of those 200, lets say 10 are invite sellers/traders. You will waste a lot of time finding out who those 10 are(as most invite sellers don't use the same ip or username). The thing is that you will have to find them quick, because it's the other 200 people's turn for referrals.
    This will inject fear in some sellers and traders, but it wont stop them from doing what they want to do.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    so we just ban all 10 (you think i am joking)

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Yea but it will take time to find out who the 10 crooked ones are. You can't just pick out 10 random users and ban them.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-14-2009 at 12:21 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    I dont think you get my drift.

it will be hard to get referrals, what you do and what your referrers do every month will dictate if you get them or not.

if you get the required "points" you get a referral that month, but you can only use them between 12pm and 6pm on 1 day of that month, for example.

the staff will have a page of who has invites at that time, we see a giveaway or a trade, we check that page, if 10 members have referrals and we cant work out which it is, we just ban the lot.

simple really lol but it will be hard to get them, so i dont even think 10 will get them in all honesty.

+ you will need badge of honour, 6 months member, 200gig downloaded or 500 gig uploaded, and certain activity on the tracker on a monthly basis to even get 1. and only 9,500 members have all of those. (apart from the monthly activity obviously)
    Last edited by stoi; 01-14-2009 at 12:39 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    ^holy sh*t it makes sense. Sure it will be a lot of observation and hard work from the staff, but it can work. Good thinking and i hope you put it to test soon. I'm curious to see the results.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-14-2009 at 12:55 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Just ban invites to trackers I say then all good ones will be level 10 and no one else will get in unless staff get them in
    I am thinking of going that way
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    while that might be the best solution it's very unfair and i know the frustrating feeling of putting a shit load of time into a tracker you like, which took you long enough to get into from the start, and then out of no where shit knocks on your door and you are banned with no explanation, worst case scenario you go to their IRC to try to make sense of things but there are a bunch of teenager nerds who finally feel like the have some form of power over you and they basically don't know shit.

Of course they all call it sharing, but give them a few bucks and if you were in those 10 you wont get banned, regardless of your ratio.

So after hearing it from the top i guess you can say we brought it upon ourselves so we gotta live with it, but as far as i'm concerned it's uncool.
    My Dream : AN ORGY WITH TRIPLETS (shit, you didn't think i dream of something lame like rare trackers now did you?)

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    A: i trust my staff to make correct decisions, only Admin and above can ban

B: I dont think any are power crazy

C: What has cash got to do with this, even if you said to me, i wil pay the servers for the next month, you would still be banned.

D: we have IRC for you to clear your name, not to make fun of you.

But in a classroom if 1 kid is naughty the entire class gets punished, so why not the same system for this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Sorry if I wasnt clear on it, that wasnt addressed personally to your tracker, i was just generally replying to your statement.
    I didnt say you guys specifically are like that (maybe yes, maybe no it's beside my point), but a handful of trackers are.
    Last edited by nbo; 01-14-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    My Dream : AN ORGY WITH TRIPLETS (shit, you didn't think i dream of something lame like rare trackers now did you?)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast