Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omg Scared

muchspl2
    [quote]Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@9 September 2003 - 14:36
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa,9 September 2003 - 08:59
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSLEMAN,9 September 2003 - 12:44
    yes i'm very aware that but as long as you go near anything thats infected you could get infected for more details i be glad to give you ms's tech support # so you could learn details B)
    i think your wrong MUSLEMAN, it primery means of propagation in open ports, not files & it not a virus, its a worm
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-02-2007 at 04:31 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    BANNED
    [quote]Originally posted by muchspl2@9 September 2003 - 19:26
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSLEMAN,9 September 2003 - 14:36
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa,9 September 2003 - 08:59
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSLEMAN,9 September 2003 - 12:44
    yes i'm very aware that but as long as you go near anything thats infected you could get infected for more details i be glad to give you ms's tech support # so you could learn details B)
    i think your wrong MUSLEMAN, it primery means of propagation in open ports, not files & it not a virus, its a worm
    what is wrong with every body i know its a worm, all i'm saying that going on the internet is not the only way to get infected by it, thats it, don't take my word for it please call ms or go on their site
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-02-2007 at 04:31 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    listen dudes dont give me no shit....i have my anti virus always updated... and it wasnt a virus...its cus i cant use windows update so stop acting all hardass like ur so cool u can be better than everyone...i had a problem i ask u dudes for help thats all

peace

LIsten to punk rock

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by mjharns+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mjharns)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>listen dudes dont give me no shit....i have my anti virus always updated...[/b]

So why, in your original question, did you ask if it was a virus?

Originally posted by mjharns@
    and it wasnt a virus...
    No it was a worm

<!--QuoteBegin-mjharns

its cus i cant use windows update so stop acting all hardass like ur so cool u can be better than everyone...i had a problem i ask u dudes for help thats all[/quote]

Change your AV software because its not working properly. Even though your machine wasnt fully patched the AV software should have went mad when you got infected.

Get a decent firewall, get a decent AV program, read this FAQ

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=56265

and dont be so ungrateful when people try to help you out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by RaZoR_WiRe@9 September 2003 - 00:10
    "There&#39;s this place on the internet called Google where they have all sorts of interesting things to read. Try it. Maybe even before you embarass yourself with a post like this again."

Thats harsh....go easy on the n00b.
    leave the LAMER alone&#33;&#33;
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    PARANOID

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    Blaster Worm

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    its the MSblast this moron noob just thinks hes some kind of computer genius heres what u should do run the symantec Remover tool when it finds and and removes it then download te windows updates.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    &nbsp; its the MSblast this moron noob just thinks hes some kind of computer genius heres what u should do run the symantec Remover tool when it finds and and removes it then download te windows updates.
    thats not very nice calling people noob and you have it the wrong way around. you should download and install the fix first.

there is no point scanning for it since it will probably restart your pc before you get the chance to finish.

m&#036; protection guide these seems like a nice guide from the lovely people at m&#036;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    there&#39;s no point in scanning for it with virus scan, cuz it&#39;s not a friggin file on yer puter. it comes in through open ports that ur ISP should prolly block anyway. it&#39;s not a file stored on yer hard drive - and that&#39;s what this thread has argues about back and forth.

just update it w/the microsoft patch (hopefully ur not on a 56k modem) and everything will b dandy.

SHEESH&#33;

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast