Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyway to get files free from usenets-newsgroups..??

I've used usenext before but have to keep paying monies and dont really find many good things that I want on usenext becuz most of all its files are german stuffs..

So I see other pay news group services like giganews & newsdemon and I am wonderings if there is a free way to get good media files from newsgroups & usnets like you can with torrents..

Or is it best to just pay for a usnet service that is #1 ranking newsgroup usnet service..??

What is my best option..??

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Well, you can check and see if your ISP offers Usenet access. Besides that, the best thing really to do is pay. There are free servers out there...if you can find them. But it's just not worth it in my opinion.

It's incredibly cheap nowadays. $11 a month will get you access from Astraweb. Or if you're not a heavy downloader, you can get a 110GB account for $25.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    so pay services are best then.. what are the top 5 Usenet pay services available..??

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Well, you can check and see if your ISP offers Usenet access. Besides that, the best thing really to do is pay. There are free servers out there...if you can find them. But it's just not worth it in my opinion.

It's incredibly cheap nowadays. $11 a month will get you access from Astraweb. Or if you're not a heavy downloader, you can get a 110GB account for $25.
    Astraweb is $11 and it is unlimited so why would you pay $25 for only 110GB and call that heavy? I download that in less then a week with astraweb, its the best.

@Walkin745 paying $11 a month saves me a hell of a lot of money considering the alternative is paying for Cable TV in hi-def runs $90+ here and all I pay is $11 and I get all my shows to watch when ever. Same goes with movies and video games.
    Last edited by asmithz; 11-26-2008 at 10:17 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    so why would you pay $25 for only 110GB and call that heavy?
    Maybe you should read his post again.. he said the 110GB account is best suited for someone who is NOT a heavy downloader

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    Maybe you should read his post again.. he said the 110GB account is best suited for someone who is NOT a heavy downloader
    Well my statement still stands. Why pay more for less?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    maybe he won't download up to 110gb for months.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    Thank you.

Some people around here I feel like they are not even worth responding to...
    Last edited by Funkin'; 11-27-2008 at 07:54 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    but the $10/Month service limits your D/L Speed though to 1 Mbit/s ...??? http://www.news.astraweb.com/plans.html Plan Price Downloads Included Rate Limit Connections Unlimited $10/Month Unlimited 1 Mbit/s 20 I wan full speed, and download occasionally so maybe this plan is better for me ehh 110 GB $25 Once-Off 110 Gigabytes Unlimited 50 Now is this Astraweb give me the same features as my old usnext had..?? access to more content or less, does it have its own usnet client to download and unrar files in stuff..??

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    No, click on the banner at the top of this page, and you will get the $11 a month deal. You will then get unlimited speed. Without clicking the banner at the top of the page, this deal is usually $13 a month.

And yes, you'll have access to a shit load of content. But no Astraweb, does not provide a newsreader to download with. There's a thread on this board that lists a bunch of newsreaders, just do a quick search. I've recently switched to Sabnzbd+, and is now my absolute favorite. Alt.Binz is another very good reader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast