Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cd-r Storage

I am just filling up books of cd's too fast now, and it is costing me a fortune for the damn books, plus them being big and in the way. I am trying to find something a little more convenient.

Ideas I have come up with are... taking a 2 ring binder spine out and mounting it under my television stand, then using pages from the books to creat like a flip thingy.

Cons of this idea - would not be able to hang as many sheets as I would need.
    - the weight would be on the openings of the rings, probably
    too much weight

Idea #2.. same idea spine from a two ring binder, mounting it on a wall and builing a deep box around it to support the sheets. This woudl allow alot of pages, conveint and out of the way.

Cons of this idea - I cannot build a damn thing.
    - I live is a studless building so I could not hang the thing properly.

Anyways just wondering if anyone has anything creative they use. I need something for around my tv, hanging under tv stand would be cool, but I like on the wall to. And something for my computer room - I have no ideas for the computer room.

I want them to be easily browsable, while out of the way. Just let me know what u use if it is not a binder or spindel.

PS. I am not at allintrested in the cd, rolledex things that plug into your usb drive. (although a good idea, I am sure they are a pain in the ass to find the cd you were just browsing.)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I didn't really follow your descriptions but nevermind.... By cd 'books' do u mean those cd wallets which hold up to 300 cds? If so how many cdr's are u going through to say that they're costing u a fortune

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah I mean the cd wallets, I use the 128's after that they are just too big and in the way. Heavier than I care to lift. I burn alot of movies/software/games... alot.

Ya i know the description were not great, I did not go into detail because the ideas were not very good either ... kinda of a draged out intro into the question. I tend to do that, online character flaw.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    draw some nice picture diagrams...that might help
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Like yours on your dsl set up

Ok I will, but after I will have to retrakt my make fun of yours.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Idea one ... under tv stand

Idea 2, mounted to wall

Both of these ideas are not that good, I was kinda hopin that someone had something that they had that was good.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    get a load of the plastic thingys and take the sleeves out, like you said, and get a giant piece of wood...superglue all the wallets to it, and then stick the wood to the wall somehow...then theyre all on show
    <insert signature here>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    those diagrams look pretty good
    i was kind of hoping they were really bad, so i could laugh at them...

one question about the first design though...how would the cd&#39;s be held in position in the binder?
    wouldn&#39;t they just fall out?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@9 September 2003 - 12:05
    one question about the first design though...how would the cd&#39;s be held in position in the binder?
    wouldn&#39;t they just fall out?
    Yeah I though that, As said in my con for it. All the weight would be on the "hinge of the binder" With that one I would either need to find something made for that or come up with something. I really do not like it anyway.

In looking at my diagram of 2 I am starting to like that, the problem is though that unless i can d&#39;ld a frame i would cut my finger off trying to cut the wood with a bread Knife.
    I was kinda hoping to find somethig commercial like this, maybee i could make it?
    Dont even think about stealing I alreaddy have the patent on it.

Actually I may just try that one, see how it turns out.

BTW: has onyone ever seen just normal pages onsale looseleaf like that? I am sure that i could find them online, but the s&h would cost more than the pages.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by toddiscool@9 September 2003 - 11:43
    BTW: has onyone ever seen just normal pages onsale looseleaf like that? I am sure that i could find them online, but the s&h would cost more than the pages.
    Try Staples.

They have some economy ones at £3.39 for a pack of 10 (holds 40 cds).
    If you want to search online, look for &#39;cd wallets&#39;

Edit: when you&#39;ve found what you want, go buy them in the store.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast