Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with hosting-ie server

Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Please forgive my complete lack of technical knowledge.

I have a server with hosting-ie which has been running utorrent fine and maintaining upload speeds apprx 3mbs, that was until yesterday. Now i'm only getting apprx 1mbs and a lot of my torrents that have seeders aren't connecting to them at all.

I haven't changed any of the settings in utorrent. I tried earlier stopping all the torrents and ran through a tutorial which i found here http://www.bootstrike.com/Articles/BitTorrentGuide/ but that hasn't helped.

I realise it's a lot to ask but Is there any kind person that may be able to give me some assistance either on here or over msn.

Many thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    To many torrents running ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    jaszypoo's Avatar Slide away! BT Rep: +2
    Which server do you have from H-IE? A dedi? A VPS?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    i hava a vps from them... If i runn more then 1 download at the same time my upload speeds drop to about 1MB/s.

Try to not connect to that many peers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BethCooper's Avatar cute as can be BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    the other people you share the server with could be using it to hard, if they max out their part of the server, you speeds will drop for sure.
    Last edited by AnesZverotic; 11-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Thanks for your replies.

I have this dedicated server package Core2 Duo 2x2.2
    2x160 GB of HDD disk (Raid optional)
    2 GB of RAM
    Traffic-Unlimited (guaranteed)
    2x100Mbit Switch Port
    KVM (Obtional) NEW
    RemoteConsole
    PLESK 8 (obtional)
    Remote Reset Obtion
    Port

I have 150 torrents seeding, with about 30-40 of them active at any one time. Is this too many torrents ?

What would be the best settings on utorrent for this server.

Appreciate any help anyone can give.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    it can be to many connections.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I never have more than 10 active torrents at the same time, normally just about 6 as I'm trying to have some decent speed on each of them, as soon as the speeds drop and have no sign of bouncing back to good speeds, I'll get rid of them and start something new to seed, in this way you can buffer a tracker much quicker in a short time. btw, preseeding a popular release is also a good way to take care of multi trackers.
    30-40 torrents sounds just way too many to me unless you have a Gbit or have too many trackers to take care of. if, by any chance,you are sharing this box with other ppl,you shouldnt be doing like that.it's just not fair.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jaszypoo's Avatar Slide away! BT Rep: +2
    Do note that usually, if you RSS primetime TV shows in private trackers, you would usually seed very fast for the first hour or so and it will eventually die down. It might be that?

My post is probably irrelevant

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by ripleys View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

I have this dedicated server package Core2 Duo 2x2.2
    2x160 GB of HDD disk (Raid optional)
    2 GB of RAM
    Traffic-Unlimited (guaranteed)
    2x100Mbit Switch Port
    KVM (Obtional) NEW
    RemoteConsole
    PLESK 8 (obtional)
    Remote Reset Obtion
    Port

I have 150 torrents seeding, with about 30-40 of them active at any one time. Is this too many torrents ?

What would be the best settings on utorrent for this server.

Appreciate any help anyone can give.
    yes 150 torrents is too much if you want fast uploading ...jump new torrents all time (populer tv shows and movies good) these are will give you max out going for a moment like first 1 hours and about your upload speed 1 MB/sn is not too bad cuz if you had a real big problem once time ago i had (my upload speed was around 13 kb/sn) and look the utorrent's bottom: Are you seeing anything about disk overloading?
    tip:if you guess this movie(HD) or this pc games i mean which one will leech more, jump these torrents firstly and pause all other torrents and you will see you will have max out going with max incoming same time cuz you have really pretty good a server too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast