Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funkysouls

Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Funkin and Spillage
    as a big fan of music, thanks for the info.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    So you're still getting the This Board Has No Forums problem cinephilia? Just pm iunex on the SKRP forums, and tell him your problem. This is what I did, and he made it to where I can see the forums, and I asked him to delete the new account that I created.

He mentioned that there's probably others having this problem. So just give him a pm, he should fix you up.
    thanks for the info Funkin' but my problem is simply that i'm not member there and i can't create an account (seems the forum is closed).
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    No problem fsttalk.

And cinephillia, maybe they're just having problems right now? Since when they were closed and I was trying to register, I was getting a completely diiferent message.

I'll keep my eye out and once they're open again I'll let you know.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    thanks a lot Funkin', i'll try to register from time to time anyway.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Hello everyone, any sites or forums similar to funkysouls as it does not exist anymore

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    How about the almighty RuTracker? You can use webtor.io if torrents are blocked or you're afraid of the RIAA party van. There's also SoulSeek and Fopnu, and doing an image search for the album's name or cover art often throws up public blogs with download links (if you don't mind going through two link protectors, four captchas, seven pop-ups and a breakdancing contest to get your album), although Google filters a lot of pirate results.

Wish I could help more, but all the DDL sources I knew either died or became paysites.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    This site mustve been pretty great if I started a thread about it. But my drug riddled brain is not allowing me to remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    There's also SoulSeek and Fopnu,
    Is fopnu like a new soulseeek or something? I don't see an About on their site. I just know soulseek is still going strong. I hope this is the one p2p platform that never dies.

EDIT: After a bit more digging it seems to be a soulseek clone. I see Manjaro has it in it's repos so I'll have to take the app out for a test drive.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 05-06-2022 at 08:03 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Is fopnu like a new soulseeek or something? I don't see an About on their site.
    It's like the old WinMX, and made by the same person. Works fairly well, but most files only have a single source, so you may have to be patient.

I just know soulseek is still going strong. I hope this is the one p2p platform that never dies.
    A computer magazine I bought circa 2004 described SoulSeek as "a small network with a good selection that's managed to not become a RIAA target so far". Almost two decades later, that is basically (and fortunately ) still true.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    2004 huh? That's quite a while that Soulseek has been up and doing it's thing. I personally think it won't go the way of the dodo. I log into it and grab shit almost a daily basis. So if it were to go away then suicide would be my only option, am i right?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    So if it were to go away then suicide would be my only option, am i right?
    You'll live, but also be inflicted with a terrible curse... once a month, you'll turn into a zombie that can only say phrases like "I miss Soulseek" and "shutting it down was a crime against humanity".

Or at least, that's how it was for What.cd users.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123