Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funkysouls

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Since this site is in another language, how exactly do you download from it? Or is it one of the RS music sites that you have to be invited to? I don't even see a register link.

I see a couple albums on there that I can't even find on Soulseek at the moment, so it appears to have some great content.

Thanks for any info.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    It's a Russian warez/music forum, best in town . Registration isn't that difficult, i & shed loads of non-Russian speakers have managed it .
    From the main page http://forum.funkysouls.com , click on the British flag icon (top-ish right) , this supposedly makes it easier for English speakers to navigate the russian forum .
    Under the FunkySouls logo is a light blue bar, with option to ???? (Log In) or ??????????? (Register) . Register .

Extra info from a previous post:-
    It's a Russian site & takes time to learn how to navigate & refine the excellent search facility & how the forums work . But once conquered, it's a gold mine . Most conversations & links are Russian, but there's plenty of English speakers & alternative links to make this indespensable .

FunkySouls forum setup :
    Posting in the forums is different from most warez sites . Each Artist / Band / has an individual thread . You search for the appropriate thread & add links / requests / messages to it . Nice & simple .
    The search facility is king, but at first it's easy to get a bit wrong . It's default is to search only in the forum you're currently browsing . For instance, you're at the Neotropic thread, part of the Electronic subforum, you enter a search for the Death Metal band called Rigor Mortis , nothing is returned (thankfully) . However, If you change the search field to the Rock forum, the Rigor Mortis thread is found (sadly) . Alternatively, just search from the main page (this searches all forums) .
    Most Ruskies use ifolder.ru to host their files . It's possible for non-Russians to use it, but it's restricted & there's shed load of hoops to jump through . It's rare not to find an alternatively hosted file, people are generally happy to provide one , if you're polite .
    It may seem like hassle, but the rewards should more than compensate .
    Last edited by Spillage; 11-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    thanks for the info Spillage
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    You are just a gold mine of information for all things RS Spillage. I'm glad I asked.

It looks like there is so much music there. Thank you for all this info. It's really appreciated.

EDIT: So you would probably know, how often does skafunkrastapunk open up? I've been checking their registration page for the last two weeks, and it keeps saying their closed, but to try back again.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 11-29-2008 at 02:57 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Can't help much with SFRP , i haven't been the most active member recently & hadn't noticed membership was closed . Can't find any mention of why it was closed, or when it'll be opened again . Last new member joined 19th November, so i'm guessing they're open intermittently .
    It's much smaller than FunkySouls , but it's one of the rare forums where the community is actually worth something . There's plenty of genres & sub-genres of music covered in detail , plus the input from the many Bloggers often leads you to new aural experiences .

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Sounds like a nice forum than. I'll keep checking everyday for open registration.

Thanks.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Spillage, i take the opportunity to ask you if you could take a look at my question:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-fil...m-321121/page3

thanks

8. File Sharing   -   #8

Sick

Cinephilia , doesn't mean anything to me .
    I like obscure music / film , for free . If it (whatever it is) doesn't fit any of those categories , it's unlikely i'll have stumbled across it .

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i'm not sure to have fully understood your post, anyway, i like non mainstream films/music (i don't know if we can say "obscure music") and i just wanted to have some informations about a site that i know nothing about.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Fair enough .
    I have no idea about the site you're very interested in ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast