Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dynamic-universe.net [ or another scam ? ]

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    HotRod already said it's from a tracker, that closing (closed?) down.
    Thank you at least you have read the posts. The info was not stolen, not got by underhand means and more to the point we were given freely the info.

For those that seem intent of throwing around "they stole it" "they hacked it" and other accusations they can not back up because its untrue just do not answer the invite.

To those have have joined and are having a good speeds and polite chat on the site you are more than welcome.

No more posts in this thread from me as it seems to me that some people just like to cause rumours and trouble.

Thanks to FST for letting this thread come to an end.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    thank YOU for making our pain come to an end.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    advs1
    good day all. i was a member at the other website and also received the email for dynamic universe, but the invite was dead before the time mentioned. hotrod37uk, can you let me know how i can get another invite, i'll provide you with the email addy it sent to for confirmation.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    the email list is not from SITR, i can confirm this because i co-owned SITR with hotrod and no one there has complained. i'm not sure if hotrod knows this, but if that email list came from 'powerscene' it is mainly comprised of a list stolen from pussytorrents -originally it was thought to be stolen from TL, but they later confirmed it was from their sister-site, pussytorrents. i'm pretty sure that's the history behind the list, but don't quote me on it.

one would think they would do a bit of homework before spamming a slew of email addresses, but that's all water under the bridge now, i guess.

as for the 'du' site its self, all i can say is some of it's staff are mutineers with zero integrety.

-pd

EDIT: i changed 'most staff' to 'some staff' as some are not bad.
    Last edited by pondini; 12-10-2008 at 01:39 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I added the email address on my spam list.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    HardUp
    hello.. i am the man with zero integrity and the ring-leader of the mutineers if you are to believe what pondini writes..

i am not going to call anyone names.. i'm 42 ffs! so let's all grow up and act like the adults we are.. pondini i quit at sitr, which shouldn't bother you because you never liked me in the first place, so don't call me a mutineer, if i was i would have taken over sitr.. isn't that the meaning of mutiny? zero integrity because of what, inviting a few of my friends that were members and staff at sitr to a new site i had started, so you called it poaching?
    you always gave me a hard time of things and had to always be objectionable to things i said or did.. you never had any respect for me, so how in the hell you expect me to pay you any respect is totally beyond me.
    also please don't start a 'slanging' match you really don't want to go there living in the glass house you have built yourself.

as to the emails, we were given those addresses in good faith from a site that had closed.. they were never stolen, bought or anything. i had no knowledge of them being anything other than the member list of the closed site given by one of the owners.
    Last edited by HardUp; 12-11-2008 at 08:14 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    hardup, i give you an A+ for perceptivity, as i was mainly talking about you. but 'i was just trying to be informative.'

however, this thread isn't about you per se, it's about how you and 'yours' used a stolen email DB to spam people, just as powerscene did, in the hopes of establishing an immediate footprint in the torrent scene. had you not done that, this thread would not be here.

ps. i'm not going to reply to you in this thread again. start a new one if you want to slap at me.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    thrillerboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yeah... I got a invite too.... lets how this site is......

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod37uk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    HotRod already said it's from a tracker, that closing (closed?) down.
    Thank you at least you have read the posts. The info was not stolen, not got by underhand means and more to the point we were given freely the info.

For those that seem intent of throwing around "they stole it" "they hacked it" and other accusations they can not back up because its untrue just do not answer the invite.

To those have have joined and are having a good speeds and polite chat on the site you are more than welcome.

No more posts in this thread from me as it seems to me that some people just like to cause rumours and trouble.

Thanks to FST for letting this thread come to an end.
    As I said many posts back this DB was given freely. It has now been destroyed due to further info supplied. There was no need to start the thread going again. A valid question was asked by a member here and a valid answer was given ,explanations made and the thread went to sleep. I see little reason for it to be brought back to life after 2 weeks of inactivity. If anyone requires further info feel free to pm me, for those that know me you know how to get hold of me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123